• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Smuggling: Can Sell Ship With Contraband Without Needed Ability

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
hmmm....the shipyard shouldn't accept the ship when contraband is on board unless you are a navy player or have a LoM. what do you think @Pieter Boelen ?

hmmm....the shipyard shouldn't accept the ship when contraband is on board unless you are a navy player or have a LoM. what do you think @Pieter Boelen ?
I think at the moment they don't care.
Though some sort of "cannot sell with contraband on board" limitation might make sense.
Better check with @Grey Roger though; he might not be too happy with more such changes.... :wp

You can just transfer the contraband to your own ship and take it to the next port.
Ofcourse if you have trustworthy you should be able to sell it with contraband on board.

I think at the moment they don't care.
Though some sort of "cannot sell with contraband on board" limitation might make sense.
Better check with @Grey Roger though; he might not be too happy with more such changes.... :wp
This ties in with the rule that only a privateer or naval officer is allowed to take a prize ship, which is the only way you'd be bringing contraband into port legally. Otherwise you either pirated it or you bought it somewhere else, which is fine if you're just visiting here and plan to sell it somewhere else but not if you're trying to dump the stuff here.

I agree with @Levis that if you (or your quartermaster) have "Trustworthy" then you should be able to sell the ship with contraband aboard - or else just go to the store, where "Trustworthy" already works, and sell it there before selling the ship. You should perhaps also be allowed to sell the ship with contraband aboard when you're at a Pirate port, maybe only if you've formally joined Pirates. (Why would Pirate settlements have anything listed as contraband anyway?)

As for my own games - I always get a LoM anyway. :napoleon

I made a separate Bug Tracker entry for this one.

@Levis, do you intend to do something about this? I suppose the simplest is to simply not all selling ships if there is contraband on board.
With the obvious exception if you have the "Trustworthy" ability. But that contraband should NEVER be sold for the "smuggling price", of course.

I still need to look at the repaint issue in the shipyard interface. When I do I want to look into this too.

Just to be sure, if you DO have "Trusthworthy", will you be able to sell the ship with the contraband still onboard?
And if you cannot sell, is there a text description to explain why? I haven't yet looked at the code.... :oops:
Yes and Yes

Yes and Yes
Just saw it in the code; very nice! :cheers

Out of curiosity, what is this for?
Code:
        //p = GetGoodPriceByType(&refStore, PChar, i, tQuantity, PRICE_TYPE_SELL); // NK
         int unitSize = sti(Goods[i].Units); //Levis: TempFix
         p = makeint((tQuantity*GetStoreGoodsPrice(&refStore, i, PRICE_TYPE_SELL, PChar, 0) + unitSize-1) / unitSize); //Levis: TempFix

Back