• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Small map/compass

Admiral

Sea Dog
is there any quick fix to make the map / compass bigger? i can redesign it if i have to , just wondering if it is this small for everyone else ?

13z0t2e.png

the compass is like that until you buy a better compass from the store. i believe if you play in arcade mode, then the compass will start of as normal, otherwise it will start off like that until you buy a better one. or there are compass settings too i think, where you can set the compass settings to your preference. these can be found in the options menu. nothing wrong with the compass. starting off with a crappy compass provides more immersion imo, as you would have to rely on dead reckoning for navigation when sailing using direct sail mode.

was it a "Cheap Compass"? at first, only "Cheap Compass" is available in stores. then as you progress through the game, better compass become available such as "Normal Compass" and "Enhanced Compass". you should play through the game more, and wait for better compass to show up in stores. better compass give better information such as wind direction and the battle interface on the top right of the screen.

Two options:
1. Buy a better compass (they become available later in the game)
2. Change the "Display Battleinterface" option in Options>Advanced options to skip over the compass requirements; it will now use whatever you set in the Options Menu (new game required)

If you find you have to wait too long for Option #1, post here and I can give you some code to give you a better compass straight away. :doff

was it a "Cheap Compass"? at first, only "Cheap Compass" is available in stores. then as you progress through the game, better compass become available such as "Normal Compass" and "Enhanced Compass". you should play through the game more, and wait for better compass to show up in stores. better compass give better information such as wind direction and the battle interface on the top right of the screen.

nope, we used code to start with a better compass, ,

And Thanks Pieter, we got it sorted.

Back