• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Slow movement and turning speed in certain areas.

Inkerlink

Landlubber
Hello!
I'm playing the most current update on Build 14 as of April 6 2023 on a brand new installation. I'm running Windows 10, and am playing the game in Windowed mode at 1920x1080.
I'm having an issue where my character will sometimes move very slowly, and the character takes a huge effort to turn using the mouse. This mostly happens indoors, and on some occasions outdoors as well. I searched the forum and found one other thread mention this issue, and the user was able to fix it by using fullscreen mode. That has not fixed my problem however.
My first thought was maybe I was getting low FPS during the issue, but I haven't been able to measure my FPS in game yet since the game just displays a white screen if I try to use something like Steam Overlay to measure the FPS. I'll continue trying to measure the FPS, but I'm not sure it's even related to the issue, since it doesn't look like traditional low-FPS slowness, if that makes any sense. It's not stuttery or uneven. It's just the character moving very slowly, and turning very slowly.
I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using a basic Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard combo. Changing the mouse sensitivity in-game doesn't change the issue at all either.
Can anyone offer any assistance? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back