• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Skills: Ranks and Skills for Quest Characters

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So question:

A lot of questcharacters now have a very low level compared to theire skills.
So what do you say if we do keep the skills the same (because of them being questcharacters) but adjusting theire level to the right one depending on how many skillpoints they have?

A lot of questcharacters now have a very low level compared to theire skills.
So what do you say if we do keep the skills the same (because of them being questcharacters) but adjusting theire level to the right one depending on how many skillpoints they have?
Is that because their skills and ranks were never correctly in balance for their character init entries?
Indeed that doesn't help.

Ideally there shouldn't be a real difference between quest characters and regular characters.
They're all characters and it would be nice to see them treated the same.
If it makes it easier for you if they are already "balanced" from the beginning, then your suggestion sounds very sensible to me. :onya

I didn't reinitialize them too because maybe for some quest purposes they have specific skills. But I can change theire level. I believe some mechanics are based on the character level so it would make sense.
Seeing thomas the terror be a level 8 character but with skills round 8 over the board while you are 9 with only 2 at level 3 is a bit wierd :p.
Also I noticed some questcharacters missing experience or having it set to 0. So I would only be fixing theire experience and if they haven't got a level or skill level for a certain skill it will be filled in.

I didn't reinitialize them too because maybe for some quest purposes they have specific skills. But I can change theire level. I believe some mechanics are based on the character level so it would make sense.
Seeing thomas the terror be a level 8 character but with skills round 8 over the board while you are 9 with only 2 at level 3 is a bit wierd :p.
Also I noticed some questcharacters missing experience or having it set to 0. So I would only be fixing theire experience and if they haven't got a level or skill level for a certain skill it will be filled in.
I think it is most important that their skills remain the same.
Possibly they can also get auto-added some extra abilities because often quest characters have none defined.
Of course a rank 12 character with no abilities at all is a bit wrong too. :facepalm

I think it is most important that their skills remain the same.
Possibly they can also get auto-added some extra abilities because often quest characters have none defined.
Of course a rank 12 character with no abilities at all is a bit wrong too. :facepalm
ok, I will run the perkpicker (I like that word) on it a few times also :p.

I made this a separate issue since it isn't actually related to my rewrite of the skills system to fix the 3D sailing mode performance. :wp

This should fix this.

Attachments

• Leveling.c
    53.3 KB · Views: 153
Back