• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release SKIES, WATER & WAVES MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

priatnia

Lord of France
Banned
29sep13.

Annonce:

This is a development of my earlier mods. Built upon the High Waves Mod for Beta 3 which got too far to be left to that.

Features:
24 types of water colours, exchanging each game hour.
24 types of skies, exchanging each game hour.
Less fog, which makes in my oppinion battles in storms possible.
All dry season, means there will be almost exclusively sunny weather.
Rains changed to look better, as well as storms.
Sea Surface with more waves, not big, from my Higher Waves Mod. In the four versions are four different wave surface & height tho not easily recognised by the untrained eye.

All in all is balanced better I think, and the water is splendid now.

Versions: Main , ORG and Mix/where it's not marked the previous two is the Mix version of skies/. In Main you can use the converted skies from other mods, not my work, but are enabled, 24 water types. In Bright version the water is generally lighter, 24 types. In Dark there are a few water types, and all resemble kind of the northern seas.
In ORG /alternative/ you use only the original game skies and only a few from the converted ones, also has 24 types of water which differ from the ones of the main.

Update 9oct13. Version 2 of the previous uploaded. A few new colours in the Bright type. In all of them - reduced the occurance of light winds, which appeared to be prevalent so far - resulting in cases where the surface of the sea is rough as it should be - more often. Also changed the setting for the rainy version to more ability to get clear weather tho rain still is much.

Upd 17oct13. Light Blue version created.

Upd. 30oct13. Added new water colours for rain. Below rain 55 will load the regular water files. In some cases below 65. Above that up to 75 or 85 will load another colour. From 85-95 another, as well as for above 95 and storms.
Note: I haven't quite tried the rain and storm colours, please test and post if somewhere doesn't look good or could be brighter or darker, I shall change it.

Credit: To Armada, Screwface, LDH, PB and the other who worked on the weather in Beta 3.

Installation: Copy/Paste in game root directory. Does not work with older Builds than Beta 3.

Screens:

ENGINE 2013-09-29 15-36-33-00.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-29 16-30-34-09.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-29 16-31-14-84.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-29 16-34-14-10.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-29 16-35-14-59.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-29 16-36-21-86.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-29 16-36-56-09.jpg ENGINE 2013-09-29 18-19-27-83.jpg

Download:
Main version
http://uploading.com/8d8d989d/SKIES-WATER-WAVES-2-1-v3-rar

Bright water
http://uploading.com/3ac2b232/BRIGHT-7-WatCols-Twilgs-Nights-All-2-5-v-3-rar

Darkwater:
http://uploading.com/71d32cb4/DARK-v5-rar

Originalskies&unconventionalwater version
http://uploading.com/81921fa4/ORG-B3-v3-rar

LightBlueWatersOriginalSkies:
http://uploading.com/9446bdf6/Light-Blue-ORG-v2-rar

Last edited:
The sea looks much better in those screenshots than it did in your previous versions. Very cool! :cheers

Only on that last one does it look strange. Is that an older screenshot by any chance?

Yeah, it's older but the colour I included in ORG, the second version. There must be something grey, for diversity. In game looks better. :)

I was referring to the dark stuff towards the horizon. That should be gone now, right?

I think it is a single cloud, anyway you can try it at 8 o'clock in ORG and see exactly yourself.
Same diff angle:
ENGINE 2013-09-29 18-19-30-39.jpg

But anyway, the greyness and whiteness everywhere is gone, and I am proud with it. And I expect peoples' exclamations (if this is the english word :D)

The main ain't good(attached log files). But the ORG run fine seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg

EDIT: seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0003.jpg seadogs2_0005.jpg seadogs2_0008.jpg (using that ORG file) me likie! :D :onya
EDIT2: That ORG file should be included in the Intel Fix :thumbs1 :yes (the sea looks better)

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.7 KB · Views: 168
  • error.log
    592 bytes · Views: 184
  • system.log
    298.4 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
is the file replaced now?

EDIT: The sea color's weird on my save seadogs2_0001.jpg

Last edited:
It's corrected, there were missing letters. Anyway, the ORG version is composed more freely, losely, so to say, some fantastic colours may be expected, tho exactly the green one is the spring colour of rivers in europe. Standard version is the main.

Only on that last one does it look strange. Is that an older screenshot by any chance?
Isn't that the 'oily sea' problem that was fixed with the proper version of bump.zap? If so, it should look fine in Beta 3.

That ORG file should be included in the Intel Fix :thumbs1 :yes (the sea looks better)
Really? It looks a little too dark in some of your screenshots, and no different from usual (colour-wise) in the others, except the green one.

Isn't that the 'oily sea' problem that was fixed with the proper version of bump.zap? If so, it should look fine in Beta 3.
That's what I thought. Anyway, I KNOW this is fine in Beta 3. I was just wondering if it was a side-effect of priatnia's weather changes.

Really? It looks a little too dark in some of your screenshots, and no different from usual (colour-wise) in the others, except the green one.
I don't know, maybe because of the weather? or something? well a little adjustment with the color would do then.
Its just that in the former one, the sea is somewhat uniformed. Using that ORG file, it has other effects, like the green one.

Uploaded new versions. The first two are recommended for capricious posters, wonder will they be able to find something with them. The second two, Dark and ORG have less water types and are a result from the need for even bigger diversity but fill a special niche. They should be tried only by enthusiasts who are not afraid to experiment. Anyway screenshots are included with each version, so one may decide what is suited for his exact taste or need at the moment.

Further , critic is welcomed, but I have to declare, I have put an end to the kiddish looking waters&waves and from now on, the game passes one level up. So who wants to criticise has to have one eye on what was up to this moment and then make his claim.

That said, I am glad Armada is here, he has done great job on improving the weather in all aspects, and I like all his improvements included in Beta 3. Hope he will see and join the positive side. Also some future cooperation would bring the game to new hights, which we should be all aiming at.

p.s. The "oily" water is not oily, it just shines more. It can be regulated, but since it is in the fantast version, I prefer to have at least for one hour of 24 x 4 a one grey-blue water that shines, and the name is not fitting it well.

the download process should be more simple like a direct download ? :wp

I used the darkwater&rain version(didn't look good): seadogs2_0002.jpg seadogs2_0004.jpg seadogs2_0006.jpg
For the other one(this one i like:onya): seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg seadogs2_0004.jpg

There are quite many versions. One must be able to come upon something to his preference. They are many not to use them all, but to choose something. Like in a shop you don't take all clothes that are there I suppose

For future critic one needs to know or snapshot at which hour it is, otherwise cannot be found.

Update. Changed the violet colour at 18h in the Main version. Had a bit indecent look. :p Now is OK. Probably had to mark it with a new number , but just for one hour ?!
In future if such small changes occur, be sure to download the files again, one doesn't know what may have been bettered. :bounce

The error doesn't seem to be right. I don't know. What version of the game do you use ? It works well on my game (of 21sep2013).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back