• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

'Simple' COAS to CMV3.1

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I figured it would be best to start a tread in regards to incorperating the "Simple COAS mod" to CMV3.1

OP asked me to check to see if the Overhaul Trade Mod 1.7 would incorperate into/onto the Simple Mod, and seems like it does without issue. Of course, I will test further just be sure, and let you all know of any hiccups.

One issue i did find is the Bermuda Ship Upgrades are kaput. However, as far as I can tell, installing the Ship Upgrade Mod over the Simple COAS mod fixes that as well. However, it is still not possible to repair or buy ships in bermuda, or any other shipyard as far as I can tel

Of course the other thing being the wierd text on the buttons, character screen, world map, and a few other places

The Tortuga Lighthouse seems to broken, tho it looks like it works when you are standing beside it, just not in sailmod

I've also noticed that the x2 time no longer works.

It seems that combining these mods is gonna be a little tougher...but it will be fun!

When you checked Trade overhaul mod 1.7 did you use minmerge to compare the files to one another, because i found that there are many problems, some goods are missing for example. The simple mod is based on CMV3 not CMV3.1 which is where the trade overhaul mod was updated and fixed but even then it still had some problems with some things been left out for some reason or other. Anyway if you haven't downloaded win merge i strongly suggest you do, you can then compare files to one another and it will highlight any modifications giving you the option to move onto the next modification or to move the new modification over to the other file. This will take a lot of work making it compatable with CMV3.1 and all mods that have recently been released is very important then we can work on making it compatable with any work we have going on right now.

Alrighty. I'll do the double checking. I'll re-build the entire mod from scratch based on the 'simple' coas mod (we gotta figure out a different name other than simple...this is not simple xD:) and move on from there. I hope while i am doing this that the other issues are being tackled as well.

EDIT: As usually i need to put my foot in my mouth. If i do that anymore times, the next mod I make will be nothing more than an emoticon for these forums of a smiley putting a foot in his mouth.
As I moved ahead with combining the Simple with the Trade, I have found code that needs to be moved over seperatly, and coping the Trade over the install of the simple would delete some minor things. The only thing it seems that wasnt effected by that were the goods...xD:

Anywho, I'm hoping to have this all finished up tonight, that way I can go on my weekend vacation without having to bring my PC with me xD:

just a question....

Do caps matter? For instance:

This is part of the trade mod
Code:
[SHIP_gunboat]

This is part of the simple mod
Code:
[SHIP_Gunboat]

It seems that these capital letters only affect the ship names in pictures.ini

Well i changed them so that they didn't have cap's thats how we got the thumbnails to work so unfortunatelly yes it does matter. Try to keep the lower cased enteries.

You could rather than moving your work over to the simple mod you could move the work thats new in the simple mod over to your work which might be easier since the simple mod was based around CMV3 and not CMV3.1.

Back