• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Ships...?

Also, does anyone know how to make the ships turn faster and how to make them move faster... I've edited the specific lines under the ship I use and I've tried many different things but for some reason my sails don't come all the way down and it takes hours to get up to speed.
I know obviously that is the realistic point of view but I'm way to lazy to wait for the sails to drop just to get out of the bay into the world map.
I've changed the ships turn rate and well it turns better but it still takes me forever to get up to speed and again my sails never fully come out. Any ideas...?

-Jaison...

I've edited every aspect of the ship I can find from the turn rate to the inertia acceleration to the braking... The ship moves the same speed no matter what I do. It's getting a bit frustrating to deal with. If anyone has any helpful info or maybe some personal files regarding the ships speeds and such please do upload or share.
I even went as far as creating my own ship with preset settings and data. <-- Still didn't do a damn thing.

Oh yeah, also my Dev window won't show anymore... I don't know what happened to that. Anyone had that problem? I tried restoring the file with a fresh copy and it still won't show up. I've turned it off and started a new profile/deleted it and then turned it back on and still nothing... Any ideas?

You could be using a ship that is higher level than your character can handle. Try using smaller vessels with a crew just below the maximum number, or cheat to give your character better stats (ruins the game, in my opinion). I often find that the smaller vessels (frigates, brigs, etc.) are infinitely more entertaining to play in than the lumbering ships of the line.

You can add more information to your posts by using the edit button at the bottom of each post.

I've edited just about every file in the game that can make something better or different toward my way and idealism of gameplay.

1. Does your character have all available skills? The highest possible stats?
2. How long exactly does it take to set your sails/ turn 180 degrees?
3. What vessel are you using?

The largest ship in whole AoP2 is Man-Of-War. It has got more than 100 cannons, but it's really slow.
To be honest the most interesting ships in AoP2 ( if we're talking about standard, original game, without modifications ) are Corvette and Frigate - why? - because may they have less cannons than Man-of-war, Ship of the line, Battleship and Warship
[corvette has got only 32 cannons and the frigate 42], but they're faster, really faster. Of course, when you've got one of those big ships, it's easier to destroy enemies or just fort.

If you want to improve statistics of your ship, you can :
a) change the lines in the file, known as RPGUtilite.c ,but you should be carreful, cause you have to know, what lines you can change.
b) as Post Captain said, the bigger crew causes increasing of speed, etc, but you should be carreful too, cause you ought to take guys with good skills.
c) try to relieve your ship - sell something if you've got quite a number of that
d) you can sail to Bermuda and in the local shipyard, you can improve your ship, but it's a little bit expensive and it's require some resources.
But you can there change e.g. speed, crew, caliber of your cannons, maneuverability, strength, etc.

you could also just carry less cargo have a really good Nav. and Bosun ,they give you Green + in() on your char. screen and the ship handles good also size is significant disadvantage . a schooner will sitt and spin broadsides much quicker than a Galleon or Fluyt or class 3-1 ships. i found a low ship ...ie corvette,single bank frigate if you manuever alongside with guns ready while in open sea watch waves and time it so your ship is above thiers and yours is tilted toward them your guns will devastated them. while thier gun fire will hit water or pass over your deck .have captured MoW,frigates and line ships this way it does take practice and good sence of timeing.

The MOW is the biggest ship from the vanilla game, but I think we may have some contenders now. In most of the GOF mods you have Victory, Endeavor, San Felipe, and Soliel Royale - all which I think outgun the old MOW.

MK

I have a crew of over 5000 and still does nothing...

naigator with skills will help or your ship skills will also ...you have to get character up in skills ship battles for ship skills ...hunt criminals on land for person skills ...save alot learn key pad skills and actions and think ... this is not a game its a simulator .

Back