• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine Limitation Ships Surrendering

Doober

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I'm having an issue where when I'm engaging a group of ships and I get one to surrender, they all turn gray. I'm not able to board any of the other ships other than the surrendered one, but if I fire on the other ships, I get big reputation hits. Is there a way to keep the other ships as active enemies while one of the ships surrenders?

This is a bug which we've known about for some time but have no idea how to fix. When the flagship of a group surrenders, the rest of the group turns neutral.

The only known workaround is to save game, which you can't do during the middle of a battle but can do now the battle is effectively over. Then reload the game. The ships which are supposed to be hostile will now be hostile and battle can resume. But saving game does not record fallen masts because the original, unmodified game didn't have falling masts. So any ship which was dismasted before you saved and reloaded will now have all its masts, though its sail damage rating will still be reduced.

Back