• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Ships' captains don't use muskets

I don't recall seeing a captain with a musket lately. In fact, I don't recall seeing many, if any, muskets in boardings since the mod to equip naval boarders with soldier weapons was suspended. And once I have enough decent swords to hand round, my officers don't use muskets either because I confiscate them. :D

I don't recall seeing a captain with a musket lately. In fact, I don't recall seeing many, if any, muskets in boardings since the mod to equip naval boarders with soldier weapons was suspended.
Curious. Captains don't go through the same equipping code that the regular crew does, so that change should not affect the captains themselves. :confused:

Update: the captain of a ship which I boarded had a musket. This was in one of the larger cabin types so he had time to fire it, and I heard him do so - a musket sounds different to other firearms. Then he started hitting people with the musket + bayonet.

No further sightings of captains with muskets in small cabins where they're forced into close combat right away and don't get to shoot first.

Update: the captain of a ship which I boarded had a musket. This was in one of the larger cabin types so he had time to fire it, and I heard him do so - a musket sounds different to other firearms. Then he started hitting people with the musket + bayonet.
That sounds like at least it can work then, right? That's good news, that is!

Back