• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship without icon

Doober

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I just captured the ship with the model ConvoiShip1 and now that I have it, it says it is a Dutch Two Decker, but does not show an icon of a ship in the ship screen when I hit F2. Any ideas why this wouldn't be showing? I looked in the ship_init.c file, but it has been awhile since I messed around so I can't really remember what needs to be changed for the icon to show. Any ideas?

It probably doen't have an icon yet ;)

I know there is characters that dont xD: and I would imagine it is the same for ships ;)

There's a whole bunch of ships that don't have their icon-code set up properly.
Strangely enough, there's also some ships that do have proper icons, but not always.
It's usually got to do with the lack of either a refShip.all attribute or the following code:
Code:
	refShip.BI.Tex = 10;
refShip.BI.Pic = 1;
Strangely enough, the ConvoiShip has BOTH. :wacko:

That's the code that I thought governed it, but apparently, something is blocking it from showing. Very strange.

Indeed; I suppose eventually we'll need to check it all.
Actually, we've got some vague ideas of making screenshots of each ship show instead.
If we ever get to that, this'd get solved as well of course. :cheeky

To further confuse the matter, I got the Wicked Witch and the icon for the Wicked Witch was missing at the transfer ship screen. Once I sold the two-decker that I mentioned above, the icon then appeared for the Wicked Witch. How weird is it that it appears to not only be following its own code, it seems to be influencing other ship's code.

REALLY weird. I know the Black Pearl, for example, DOES have an icon.
But not in the Select Storyline interface. Huh??? :modding

Back