• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship-to-Nation-Mod

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
I've made the first step for my Ship-to-Nation Mod:

Inspired from the Encounter.init-file, I've modified the exclude.nation-command and added it into the Ships.init-file

void ship_ExcludeNation(ref refship, int iNation)
{
string sNation = Nations[iNation].Name;
refship.Nation.Exclude.(sNation) = true;
}

then I used the following lines for the ship-attributes, according to my classification

ship_ExcludeNation(refship, ENGLAND);
ship_ExcludeNation(refship, FRANCE);
ship_ExcludeNation(refship, SPAIN);
ship_ExcludeNation(refship, HOLLAND);
ship_ExcludeNation(refship, PIRATE);

I hope this will work. Before I can test it, I'll have some other things to care for before I can start a new game, but maybe anyone here can see, if I am wrong. :will

good luck with the mod

please look at CoAS Alpha & Brainstorming under (please read) a have wrote some ideas for modding to CoAS

I think the next step would be to determine what ships spawn for which nation correct?

This is a very cool mod your starting here Takeda, I hope you can get it working.

I think the next step would be to determine what ships spawn for which nation correct?

This is a very cool mod your starting here Takeda, I hope you can get it working.

I have allready classified all my ships, which shall be used by cpu and added the rigth lines to their attributes. Next step would be a testrun, but to validate the correct working, will take a certain amount of time I'd have to spend playing and in the upcoming 2 month my diploma thesis will have the highest priority. I'll be happy enough, if the game does not crash, when initiating a new profile.

i know how that feels, you make a slight mistake. i could be anything, spelling, wrong files or even
something out of your control and it would crash.

im sure you know this already, but make copies of everything you change, i made the mistake of doing
that and boy it was annoying redoing the install five times

but other than that lol, i cant wait to see if you nail it mate, seems like a really good mod to have, beens in those days not all countries had the
same type of ships, mostly british had mostly frigates and upwards toward the victory class type.
it's safe to say that this mod would make the game that more realistic and to be honest i think it's a great idea for someone who
just started here if im correct.

myself have only just started to mod small time, and thats only trying to add new characters, keep it up mate.

your doing good!!

Once this is done the next thing would be to make MOW's and other military ships that would not be sold to privateers unavilable from the shipyard, that part is easy to do, the problem been the shipsutilities file also generates the ships at sea. :modding

Once this is done the next thing would be to make MOW's and other military ships that would not be sold to privateers unavilable from the shipyard, that part is easy to do, the problem been the shipsutilities file also generates the ships at sea. :modding

You're right, this includes also the ships that are spawn at the ports! My idea would be to establish that the colony-files define what ships are at their ports. A result should be, that any of the ports shall have 1 or 2 medium and large nationtypical warships permanently present beside the normal flux of merchants, which should also be increased. In the vanilla game the ports seem mostly deserted, which anoys me!

That sounds good to me, that only leaves ships been generated at sea. POTC doesn't have a Scripts folder like COAS does which means we could take a leaf out of there book and find alternative way's to allow all ships to be generated at sea. :shrug

im trying that at the moment guys, i changed a few things then it completely stopped spawing them on world map so, i gotta work out whats what before trying anything else.

but lets ot worry bout that now :cheers

Back