• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Ship Slides on World Map

Mere_Mortal

Free Like a Radical
Storm Modder
Sometimes my ship decides to slide uncontrollably on the world map. It seems to happen when enemies are nearby, as if my ship is locked into moving towards them. It may then continue to do this when there are no other ships on the map. This makes navigation extremely difficult and I cannot fathom why it is happening, and it is sometimes forcing me to either go to sea and back or reload the game.

Last edited:
The only time I know that to happen is when you try to Sail over the edge of the map.
There is an "invisible wall" there.

It does it quite regularly for me. What tends to happen is an enemy ship closes on me and my ship slides towards it, then it will often do it afterwards when there are no ships around. This isn’t at the map edge, the location doesn’t matter. I dunno, but it could be punitive fleets which are causing it because it doesn’t happen right away if I start a game, usually it’s after a while. I could actually understand if it only happens when I’m at close range to an enemy and I’m effectively forced into battle, but when there are no ships nearby then it’s very annoying because I can’t move in a straight line.

The follow ships only trigger the encounter screenwhen they approach.
I don't think I've ever noticed what you describe...

I dunno, but I think it might have something to do with me enabling the escape key on encounter, which I did to make my life easier while testing stuff. I’m guessing that by hitting the escape key on the prompt something isn’t quite reset properly like it would be by clicking the proper button. So now I’ve completely disabled forced encounters and my ship no longer slides.

A long time ago, I tried to get the Escape key behaviour closer to the European base game as well.
Can't remember the specifics, but I never did manage get it working quite right and basically gave up on it.

It still does it sometimes even after disabling the forced encounter prompt, but it’s nowhere near as bad.

Unless I can establish why exactly this happens then I guess there’s not much to be done here, aye.

Back