• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Repairs

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Personally i don't like how you can walk into a shipyard and fix your ship in only a few hours, i would like to see a option where you can switch realistic ship repairs on, which would make the repairs take longer depending on how bad the ship is damaged. Then when you click for the ship to be repaired you can set sail in another ship and return when the ship is repaired, if you don't return the day the ship is repaird the ship is automatically put in storage at the port controller who will charge you for parking the ship there and a interest rate for each day the ship was parked there. If you do not return for a set amount of week's, months after the ship is placed in parking by the shipyard owner then the ship is sold to the shipyard and a bounty put on your head.

A very good idea. :onya
I think it's also always amazing how quickly repaired my ship. In contrast, there is always annoying how slow work but the people today to check my car. ;)

In the PotC Build Mod, we just made some forced time pass upon repair.
Would be nicer if you'd actually have to wait though. Could do some exploration and quests shoreside in the meantime.
I was thinking more of being locked shoreside while the repairs are going on, with the possibility to skip to completed repair in the tavern.
No need whatsoever for game engine modifications for this one though. :no

This require new coding then, but the need to know the difference between a slightly damaged ship and a ship close to sinking, in game the time skips a few hours to several hours depending on damage but no more than 24 hours. It would be nice to have a time frame of when the ship will be ready and the ability to then either purchase or use one of your companions ships or stick around on the island.

The cost of repair should be paid up front and you should have the option to leave a officer onboard if you plan to leave the island, if you haven't returned by the time the ship is repaired then the ship is past over to the port controller who will give you so many day's to return before a bounty is put on your head and your ship sold. The problem is the officer if its possible that the officer is killed by the bounty hunters then that would clear him if not then some way of once relieved of his post after the ship is sold he is fired.

To add to this though, if the officer has money on him enough to pay for the ship to be stored then the above doesn't matter, so that would give the player the chance to leave money with a officer and not have to worry about his/her ship been sold and a bounty been placed on there heads.

There were a discussion about it earlier and I even started to implement such thing (sometime as at the start of this year) but as other things (jungles instead of towns when historically there wasn't a settlement at the island, mutining companions ships, weight for items) it isn't "quarter"-done...

In this case I was thinking about something like this: after setting ships for repairs, mounting cannons, repainting or upgrading every such operation would take some time and they would "partially-add" depending on the size and quantity of ships to be altered, "manpower" of a shipyard (in smaller towns - recognizing by quantity of citizens - operations would take more time than analogous in larger), besides in large towns, when doing a repair one party would fix a ship, second change cannons, third repaint, so that wouldn't be simple formula: t[sub]total[/sub]=t[sub]repair[/sub]+t[sub]cannons[/sub]+t[sub]upgrade[/sub]+t[sub]repaint[/sub]. Additionally, main char would wander around the island, but even if (s)he buy a new ship the possibility of going to see should be blocked - otherwise we would make things complicate: what we shall do with a bought ship when the old one is repaired and we don't have free officers, or have them but with total of 4 ships in fleet? Also, I think a good thing would be add a dialog option in a tavern to rent a room until repairs are done available if ships are in shipyard and there's really not much to do.

pirate_kk

Although I like the idea and always have done, I'm much more interested in having some of our current WIP stuff finished,
most notably the Customize Character interface you're working on, as well as the remaining issues with Capture Colonies...

Back