• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship list

Aerilon

Powder Monkey
Hello there,

is there anywhere a list available with all the ships in the game? Maybe even with the eras where they are available!?

I'm especially interested in the navy ships...means xx Gun Ship of the 1st class or 3rd class or whatever.

This request might be very particular but you would help me :)

There is a list made in Excel 2003, which contains almost all the ships to date.
However, it needs modifying to show which periods the ships can be encountered in, and perhaps simplified a little.
I think such a list would be very useful for reference, so it is worth considering. :yes

Here's the latest version of what we currently have:
View attachment Ship Mod- edited version.xls

Ehm...and are all ships in this list buyable and integrated in the game? Because i've never seen a Steam Frigate or 108 Gun 1st Rate till now?!

That list is more-or-less correct for Patch 5 with the Christmas Ship Pack. The 108-Gun 1st rate is the new Endeavour; the 102-Gun version is the new Dauntless.
Steam frigates have been around for a while, and are very rare ships in the last game period (Hornblower storyline).

However:
All quest ships, plus the steam frigates, can be bought from Vanderdecken's shipyard. If you can find it... :cheeky

Oooooh...you son of a....now everything i'm gonna do this weekend and the half of the next week is searching this damn shipyard....lot of thanks for that >.< :D

Wanna give me a clue? Pleeeeeeease! :D

Oooooh...you son of a....now everything i'm gonna do this weekend and the half of the next week is searching this damn shipyard....lot of thanks for that >.< :D

Check this post if you want to know where Vanderdecken is --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17252-where-to-get-hms-victory/page__view__findpost__p__388275

:cheers

xD: If you want a clue, and not the answer itself (as per Talisman's post), then here's what we usually say:
You need to get a well-known object from a well-known character in a well-known place. Only then can you find the shipyard.
And one further hint is that this 'object' makes a new island appear on the world map... :wp

Okay, found it! ;)

Ehm i checked the list again and noticed that by some ships the "model" column/row says N/A
For example:
84 Gun 3rd Rate ... N/A
I gues this means the ships are not included yet?
Because there is also this (p) before, and the legend says (p) means "Also now included are some of pgargon's highly detailed ships"
So for example the 84 Gun 3r Rate...is it included or not? It's a little bit confusing because of the N/A. And i never saw one until now...or are those ships are really sooooo rare!?

I just looked, and some of the ships with a N/A have two ships in that slot. For instance the Trade Brig has two ships you can get. The Edinburgh and the Bounty. There are also two different types of light Fluyt. I can not say if it is the same for the Navy ships since I don't sail them.

I just noticed that on that list the stats for the Fastmerchantman have been changed, but what I get in game is the same old ship. I still lust after it since, besides the Lugger, it is the only ship in the game with a properly working spanker. :wub: Will its stats be changed in game? :bow :bow :bow

Ehm i checked the list again and noticed that by some ships the "model" column/row says N/A
For example:
84 Gun 3rd Rate ... N/A
I gues this means the ships are not included yet?
N/A simply means that there is no 'refShip.Model' line for that ship type, in ships_init.c.
That just means that they can't be repainted, since they don't have any similar ships identified.
This does need changing in some instances, so thanks for pointing that out. :onya

I just noticed that on that list the stats for the Fastmerchantman have been changed, but what I get in game is the same old ship. I still lust after it since, besides the Lugger, it is the only ship in the game with a properly working spanker. :wub: Will its stats be changed in game? :bow :bow :bow
Oddly, I don't even remember when I changed that... :cheeky
Still, I believe it was for balancing purposes, so consider them implemented in the next ship pack.

Back