• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship Information

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I've been searching the net for info on ships, speed is the main focus i have right now, and the bellow links are what i've found. I was thinking anyone who has information that can help us make the ships as close to realistic in speed, cargoholds, turn rates etc. Op i will be uploading a new ships_init file, i have updated some ships speeds again and only quest ships will have sailing abilities of 16 knots and above, all other ships are much lower however you could have a regular ship been generated that can hit around 16 knots this is because the stats are randomly generated and therefore the ships stats are generated with the stats based around what they are set as in the ships_init file.

Here are some sites i have found so far, very interesting reads too. :onya

Early Sailing Ships

the pirate king

More to come once i have found them, i really need to clean out my favourites folder. :rolleyes:

I'll look around aswell and post a few things i find, i love ships from the century we're playing in so i can find alot of information on this sort of thing.
also we'll have to decide on a good speed for the black pearl and dutchman ships obviously being made up ships they dont fall under a certain class.
- i will look around see what i find ok mate

A few months ago i was playing "Napoleon - Total War' and I noticed that thier game stated "Ship Plans Curtosy of National Martime Museum, London" ( http://www.nmm.ac.uk/ )
Looking through thier website, i have only been able to find technical drawings, and specs in regards to size, and firepower.
I am hoping that with another set of eyes or 2 the speed and other important details will emerge.

Hope this helps

Back