• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship color

qualkonn

BioHaz
Is there A way to paint your ship ?? maybe from the program folder in the game dir I don't know if some one know please share with me .

10Q

Not yet, but thats a good and potentially very doable thing. Only problem is you would not have much control as you would only be able to change the entire skin out that I can think of.

Would take a rewrite of how color and skin are applied to the model to do anything really interesting.

Cap'n Drow

Well parts of such a system already exist in the game which allow for 3 random skins that the game can choose from when it generates a ship. So it would just take getting some code and come interface graphics put together that would allow you to choose which skin you want to use.

Nobody is working on such a system yet that I know of.

Cap'n Drow

There's a russian modification (addon) wich allows player to choose hull texture, sail material, color and emblems. It should be possible to port those features over to eng game version, but there isn't anyone willing to do it :shrug

It would be great if we could get this feature to work for the next mod pack (hopefully) even if repainting the ship is only selectable from stock paint jobs. I don't know how many times I tried looking for the ship I wanted with the paint and sails I wanted along with good stats. I get kinda bored towards the end of the game and at that point I figure, the only thing left for me to do is go on a quest to find the perfect ship for me. It would also make more use of the shipyard besides repairs and buying/selling cannons.

There's a russian modification (addon) wich allows player to choose hull texture, sail material, color and emblems. It should be possible to port those features over to eng game version, but there isn't anyone willing to do it :shrug

Where is can I get it from, I could give it a try...

But I am not a godd coder, my attemp to add a new nation failed completly

Back