• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ship berthing

L0M3N

Sailor
I am playing patch 5 and am wondering if ships still keep
their upgraded stats after being laid up.
I want to lay up my pirate corvette
but it has cotton sails and flush ship upgrades
and I don't want to lose them.

edit*
Also did Instant boarding get nerfed?
I used it and it said it failed to board...
I was in a 80 gun 3rd rate and I tried to board
a 58 gun 4th rate.

I honestly don't know. I have half a dozen ships berthed and I stripped them all before berthing them. The ships are stripped of everything except cannons anyway, but I don't know what happens to the flush thing.

It says that instant boarding does not work on higher class ships.

It says that instant boarding does not work on higher class ships.

well then it seems pretty useless and not worth it.
glad I wasn't saving and did a bunch of cheat levelups lol.

All upgrades are removed upon berthing a ship now; I think the text explains that.

you know, that would be a good idea. but i think you'd easily get more than a million gold at once that way, which makes the crew rather snarky.

If a ship has a crew then yes it uses provisions. It would be nice to maybe have a reduced consumption in such situations as shore-leave(you mean berthing at a ship yards right?), so the skeleton crew assigned to keep an eye on the ship would use less than the normal full crew, i don't think it does that kind of thing.

You do get the money back from the upgrades and can reapply them afterwards. I think the text was made to explain that.

Back