• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Sharp's Testament, Part 2. Stuck at the end, said goodbye to Helen but can't enter ship

meyer189

Sailor Apprentice
I am at Port Royal, Helen have been awarded Isla Tesoro and we have said goodbye.
Lawyer Loxley has been payed and its time for me to see Jan Svensson, but when going to the dock its locked and i can't save the game.

I have followed the SD Teho steam walkthrough and this is the first time i am stuck, i can't see what i am missing unless its a bug.

I have reloaded several times on several saves, tried to choose Helen instead of Mary and got the Tavern scene but after the same thing occur, can't save and can't leave.

I would be very happy if there is just a small detail i have been missing, i tried to search through the forums for something similar but did not find anything.

Thank you in advance even to correct my own blindness =)

With best regards

Last edited:
Hi! I think I had the same problem on my playthrough. Have you tried following Helen until the character disappears? If I remember correctly, on my playthrough, she got stuck somewhere and didn't disappear properly.

Hi! I think I had the same problem on my playthrough. Have you tried following Helen until the character disappears? If I remember correctly, on my playthrough, she got stuck somewhere and didn't disappear properly.
Good day mate! Yes i have seen her walk past the first wooden shack and disappear on the steps of the "upper class" building, i have tried to sleep at the tavern or waited for several days to no avail, have also tried saves a couple of quests before to the same end, this is getting scary because this playthrough contains tons of hours. Thank you for your reply mate!

Best regards

Could you upload your save file? Maybe I find something if I check it out. Also, you could always ask for support on the russian developer forum, they have fixed one of my save files in the past.

Could you upload your save file? Maybe I find something if I check it out. Also, you could always ask for support on the russian developer forum, they have fixed one of my save files in the past.

"TEST 4" is right outside the lawyers office second day, the morning of the trial. Last point in time i could make a save.
"Barbados - Sea 4" is right before i set course to Port Royal Jamaica to talk with the lawyer

Game version: 1.7.3ENG (15.04.21)

Mods used: SD:TEHO Cheat menu

Best regards

Attachments

• SAVE.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Are you using any other mods? Because I can't get the save to load and the main character seems to have a different skin?

Are you using any other mods? Because I can't get the save to load and the main character seems to have a different skin?
only a texture replace for frigate Fortune but that should not affect.

edit: yes i set the character to "Fleetwood" sorry about that.
I'm in Norway and its getting late so im jumping in the bunk, sorry to bother you mate, i do appreciate the help!

regards

Last edited:
well my solution to your problem is.. switch to version 1.7.0.
1.7.3 has better map, crushes very rare. but has some nasty bugs. one is port royale locked dock after getting isla tesoro at the end of pirate saga. other one is when you get to justice island second time, and when you talk to mary.. more than a bug the game crashes.
1.7.0 crashes more than newer version. i would say like.. if the new version crashes once in a day, older 1.7.0 crashes 4-5 times a day. but you save often, we all save often :) it is regarded as sea dogs game canon.. so that won't be much of a problem.
though i would be more happy if i could play the entire game with 1.7.3.. or a tool that would convert my older version saves to the newer version and vice versa too.
happy hunting

Returning the Holy Items

Entering the beach as in walkthrough

there is a text "Head down the beach to the right and swim around to a little cave. Do yourself a favor and tell your officers to hold before you get to the cave, otherwise they will trap you in and you'll have to remove them to get them to wander away"

What in the HELL that means?

all three times entering the cave there are NO stash

one time there was 4 bandits, two times some warrior indian

Standard Steam game with no mods at all

What I does not see?

Returning the Holy Items

Entering the beach as in walkthrough

there is a text "Head down the beach to the right and swim around to a little cave. Do yourself a favor and tell your officers to hold before you get to the cave, otherwise they will trap you in and you'll have to remove them to get them to wander away"

What in the HELL that means?

all three times entering the cave there are NO stash

one time there was 4 bandits, two times some warrior indian

Standard Steam game with no mods at all

What I does not see?
I seem to remember there was another cave in that mission, check the Darkethernis guide.

You have to leave the officers to avoid losing them in the fight against the Scotsman Courbourn.

Hey there Meyer, I hope you're doing well.

Recently I've found a fix for this bug; and even though it's an old post, I know this might help anyone else facing this problem at any point when they come to the forum.

The problem was located at Loxley's dialog text file, which I edited in order to make the gameplay proceed without issues after said quest; which at the moment seemed to have beated me as well.

Attached is the fixed file; just replace it in the right folder. That would be through this path:

Sea Dogs To Each His Own 1.7.3 ENG\PROGRAM\dialogs\russian\Quest\Saga

This is the part of the dialog that was causing all the trouble.

case "saga_27":
DialogExit();
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(npchar, pchar.location, "goto", "goto10");
LAi_SetActorType(npchar);
LAi_SetActorType(pchar);
sld = characterFromId("Helena");
LAi_SetActorType(sld);
LAi_ActorGoToLocator(npchar, "reload", "reload1", "Saga_CourtGo", -1);
LAi_ActorFollow(pchar, npchar, "", -1);
LAi_ActorFollow(sld, npchar, "", -1);
NextDiag.CurrentNode = "saga_28";
// открываем выходы из города
LocatorReloadEnterDisable("PortRoyal_town", "reload1_back", false); // лесник рано
LocatorReloadEnterDisable("PortRoyal_town", "reload2_back", false);
LocatorReloadEnterDisable("PortRoyal_town", "gate_back", false);
DeleteAttribute(pchar, "GenQuest.CannotWait");//можно мотать время
break;

I hope it works out just fine if you ever try to give it another go, and for everyone who is also facing the same issue.

Board em' all!

Attachments

• Loxly.c
    31.8 KB · Views: 18
Back