• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Several questions.

Odieman

Powder Monkey
Hi have several questions here, and instead of making a new thread each time I have a problem/bug/question Ill just post em here, others may offcourse also post questions etc here as much as they want, as long as it is on topic :yes . Any answers to questions will be greatly appreciated

I am playing Build 14.9.5 patch 2, And I must say guys, theres a great deal of great work done in the mod so :onya on that.

1,Spoiler warning!!!
Ive played the Bartolomeu questline quite a bit now, and Ive come to the point where I supposedly (its still in my inventory), throw the golden statuette into the ocean, and I and the lady pirate each go our seperate ways. Is there any continuing story after this? Or is that work in progress?

Are there any sidequests made for the Bartolomeu story line?, or alternatively any sidequests not made for the bartolomeu storyline but which is still viable?

I have previously tried capturing a couple of towns with no success, is it even possible in this build? If so which colonies are viable for capture?

I think Ive asked this before, but Ill ask again since the previous answer was a little unclear, is there anyway to berth ships, or is it not functioning at all?

Just asking to be sure, but currently Jack sparrow and Bartolomeu are the only "finished" story lines correct? Altough all of them are work in progress?

Thanks in advance, yarr! :sail

1&2. The main Bartolomeu storyline ends at that point, but you can start a sidequest at Tortuga (talk to the barman).
There's some short additional encounters too, but nothing substantial after this point.
It's mainly free play from this point onward.

There's several sidequests in the standard storyline that I'd like to see enabled in the others at some point too,
but that is a thing for the future.

3. You should be able to capture pretty much any town, except those that don't have a governor
(Bridgetown, Speightstown, Turks and Tortuga, I think). What exactly didn't work for you?
What should happen is that you destroy the fort in a sea battle, fight the soldiers in the fort and town.
After that, you get to talk to the governor about the terms for surrender and you can loot the town.
Alternatively, you can give the town to another nation or, if you have at least two free officers, take it for your own.
Note that actual personal colony management is an unfinished feature at this time.

4. I have not tested ship berthing myself, but I know that a fix was included
that's supposed to make it work in at least some towns.
Try one of the original game towns (eg. not added in the mods) and see if it doesn't work there.

5. I'll give you a brief overview of all the storylines and their completion level:

. Standard Storyline ("New Horizons"): Original game story, so this is finished.
The 'Capture Colonies' mod causes a block at the Bridgetown capture,
but we have a workaround for that once you encounter it.
There is many sidequests available, offering further play value.
We're intending to remove the PotC film influences on this quest, but have yet to find somebody willing to work on that.

. Assassin: The first three parts (four if you use the newly-released Experimental Mods update,
which does come recommended) are finished and confirmed working. There's some pretty cool stuff in here,
but Bartolomeu is still working on expanding this one further.

. Bartolomeu o Portugues: Basically finished and confirmed fully playable.

. Blaze Devlin/Devlin Opera: There is a fun beginning to the quest, but this is largely unfinished.
It actually ends before it really gets started. To be finished at some point in the future,
but nobody is working on it at this time.

. Horario Hornblower ("The Devil, the Duchess and the Duke"): A large part has been finished for this,
offering a lot of naval gameplay value. With the fixes contained in the Experimental Mods,
it has been confirmed fully playable to the end. The story does end rather abruptly and without warning.
Short Jack Gold is working on further improving and expanding this quest.

. Jack Aubrey ("Master and Commander"): 100% freeplay. There IS no storyline at all.
There is nobody working on this either and probably won't be for some time to come. Play Hornblower instead. ;)

. Jack Sparrow ("Hoist the Colours: Tales of Jack Sparrow"): The pre-film part and Curse of the Black Pearl
quest are in working order, as are a good number of sidequests. In several cases, there's even different options available,
including two seperate lines leading up to the CotBP quest and a partial alternate for CotBP, offering additional replay value.
Captain Maggee and me are still working on improving what is there, as well as adding more sidequests.
We're also in the preparation stage for expanding the storyline to include the events of DMC and AWE.

Thanks a million, yes that clears up things very nicely :onya .

As for the capture thing I tried Bridgetown/speightstown, and I believe I tried one more but last one may have crashed at some point etc, will try one with a governor.

As for berthing ships I have tried several places, of which Grenada was one of them, will try another original port, hopefully it will work there.

So once again, thanks alot:D

Back