• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Serious problem about fast travelling

TheSkinnyGamer1

Landlubber
I am now avoiding going to the decks it causes COTD. Its fine for me

BUT I HAVE ONE SINISTER PROBLEM. I went boarding an enemy ship, I killed every hostile on the deck then an icon appears on the top left. usually I press space then Ill get transferred to the next deck or the cargo transfer window. but this time nothing happens! now i cant board ships. When I sail I have to press enter and select the sea icon. the space key is working on other places like entering a door. so i guess there is a problem with the deck of the ship? I have tried resetting to default controls and re-installing everything but nothing happens.

I have tried a new game and it all came back to normal. this all started when the quest 'find danielle' started.

I have no problem starting a new game, its fun after all. but maybe this will repeat. and maybe you should know.

EDIT: the new game didnt help much. Its fine at the strat but now my fast travel is gone. as I go further into the game, things become buggy!

Should i re-download? if yes what should I? the game or the build mod?

:ahoy mate!

First things first. A CTD when going on deck should not be happening. Still, the best time to do that is in port during daylight hours.

Now, getting stuck during a boarding battle does happen and there is a cure. It is in the FAQ.

As you progress things start getting buggy? :nerbz That sounds like a maintenance issue. POTC has a bad habit of fragging a hard drive. Regular maintenance helps prevent the errors caused by a fragged hard drive from happening.

One other thing you could try is to go into your POTC folder and delete the "options" file. A new one will be created when you start the game but all of your preferred options must be reset.

Hopefully these things will get you going again. :beer:

Havent played POTC for a while. I never thought that potc is causing fragmentation. Im going back on the high seas after I defrag and apply the fixes.

thannk you captain.:thumbs1

Back