• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Sea shading and saving

antonyzac

Professional questioner
Hi again!
How's everything going? I've had so little time to play lately because of work and I've run into 2 problems (one pretty big one) when I finally got the chance :modding

1. My save-games were fine. Until I ran the game today. I loaded the game fine, and then when I went to save it in a new slot, it showed me the "new save" message meaning it wasn't recognising that I had saved previously. I saved regardless, and then later when I went to save again, I see my previous save with the horrible "BAD SAVE" error. Now it appears that my whole game that I've worked on is gone! Is there any way to recover it? I'm playing the beta 3 by the way

2. This is a minor graphical thing. Basically, the sea is a lovely shade of blue and glistening in the sun, but about 10 meters or so further, the sea goes flat and a darker shade of blue. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this? :)

1. Try removing the file called "options" from your main game folder and clear our your SAVE folder.
Move all saves you don't need to your desktop, for example, leaving only the one you need. See if that helps anything.

2. Do you have a screenshot of that? That sounds like an issue we had in the Beta 3 internal release, but has since been fixed.

Still getting the "bad save" error. It looks like I may just have to start again.

Screenshot coming shortly!

Untitled.png

You can kind of see the deep blue, flat layer on the left, and a sort of oil slick type texture more to the right.

That looks like the oily water issue indeed. What modpack version are you running?
Eg. what date do you have in the game main menu? The file causing that has been replaced weeks ago.

I can't see a date :shrug It says beta 3 TEST at the end? If it helps, the version I have was an internal release I got in mid September. I see you released the public one on the 29th so I should probably download that one :facepalm

New game required? Install ontop of beta 3 TEST or fresh install? :)

Yep, sounds like you're out-of-date then.

New game will be required.

You can install on top of your test install and see if that works.
It should do and save you some time.

Back