• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Those are some good shots indeed! Have you discovered Free Camera Mode yet?

You could get a LoM from another country as well. Or see if there are any sidequests to be done.
Have you tried any Treasure Quests yet? Those can shake things up a bit. :cheeky

The Free Camera is Excellent i love being able to fly around and get a different perspective on things
sc05.jpg

I think i might have done most of the side quests over the years but its become fairly apparent that theres a helluva lot in build 14 and dungeons that i have already been to in the past have been tipped on their head or vastly expanded which is epic because now i am never quite sure what an island has in store for me and i have only tried one treasure quest i it ended up with 2 frustrated trips to an island cave (forgt the darn pickaxe) and getting less than the cost of the pick in the treasure Xd though i might have to try a few more :D at the moment i have taken a break from my other save and am playing through Hoist The Colours.

:sparrow

Reactions: Ryu
Butterflys are cool! It is details like them, the rats, lizards, and bugs that really add to the game.

LOL! :onya

Whew! Just finished the Battle of Bridgetown and then the Battle of Cozumel. :rumgone

Beta3 2014-08-14 13-39-51-62.jpg First is my fleet after the battle of Bridgetown as we left Barbados. Beta3 2014-08-14 13-51-34-88.jpg And then pulling into Martinique for a refit.

Beta3 2014-08-14 17-32-27-07.jpg First we sank that 1st rate then captured the Black Pearl. She appears to be uncursed too! :flower

Kicking myself that i hadn't played woods rogers untill now

WR01.jpg WR02.jpg WR03.jpg WR04.jpg

I should allso add that i have a livestream thingy if anybody wanted to watch me play (maybe your bored beyond all hope i dont know Xd) i could certainly get that going if anybody wanted

Last edited:
those corvette images are taken from potc? im interested in sea texture how did u enable PENA texture to sea surface?

PotC always looks like that. Except when you use the Intel Fix, which disables that layer.

I like your flagship! :cheeky

Definitely something different, that one. But @Jack Rackham did an amazing job on it!

there was a certain strange dignity walking up the stairs in a mansion charred head to toe too collect my reward after going through a ever so slightly botched rescue and having an entire pirate town chasing after me. jack rackham has an awesome flare for story writing

Finaly.jpg

Wow those are some pretty good pictures from everyone :) - I quite like the fleet though - can't imagine the crew costs ;).

Corvette_Vs_Traders.jpg I've been at work for the English by harassing French traders and managed to get an upgrade :
Unicorn_Sunset_1.jpg Unicorn_Sunset_2.jpg The Unicorn with a Caribbean sunset.

i wonder who that statue is of anyway
SC Statue.jpg

probably not whatever in the chevy chase hell this is haha
glitch.jpg

Reactions: Ryu
No new screenies and this is the screenie thread so this is an old one.
beta3 2014-07-05 11-40-24-23.jpg

I tried the Bridgetown Fort in the Light Fleut of War but the 12 pounders just couldn't hit the guns. The Amsterdam has about the same hull strength and cargo capacity but is faster, has a much larger crew, and has more 18 pounders. I could actually knock out some of the fort guns! I only kept that fleet for 2 pay periods and it cost $350,000P - $450,000P a month. Dunno why it varied so much.

That mangled mess in the tavern is a female character that does not have the sitting animation, so that happens every time she is in there.

Gota love that moon during a night time battle , my fleet has gotten interesting with three Royal Manila Galleons and a War Galleon the only problem with this is actualy geting these cows of ships to move at any great pace luckily though they are very tough.
sc night 2.jpg

And got probably alot better a storm shot , the last one i was not completely happy with.
storm 2.jpg

Back