• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

20211114142623_1.jpg
20211114150355_1.jpg
20211114185325_1.jpg
20211114185453_1.jpg
20211114212924_1.jpg
20211114212929_1.jpg

a few more Maelstrom impressions, also with the awesome Salt and Wind Reshade from Strannik and with our neweset addition, wakes. The last two screenshots are a busy afternoon at Puerto Rico (Strannik recently managed to get the DirectSail and Encounters from NH to work at its best in Maelstrom)

Davy Jones' crew are about to get a makeover thanks to NikK, alias Karlik Nos:
davy_crew.jpg davy_jones_crew2.jpg

The talking head is a bit deceptive. The original model, being intended for later Storm games, has no talking head. I tried to make one but the animation didn't work, so I had to settle for making an unanimated head. It's still better than a blank square, though.

Arriving to Port Royale after rescuing Caroline K in the Woodes Rogers questline in the Maelstrom port. We have been able to port the weather now and the fog and rain is amazing.

M2dmb90.png

@Jack Rackham I'm going through the storyline, enjoying it quite a big, and really hoping I was able to get the weathers right :) let's hope!

Thanks for that but I don't think you have to play through it all.

What worries me are expressions like:
Code:
SetNextWeather("Heavy Fog");
SetNextWeather("Foggy");
SetNextWeather("IslaDeMuerte");
SetNextWeather("Blue Sky");
SetNextWeather("Clear");
SetNextWeather("Heavy Rain");
SetNextWeather("Stormy");
SetNextWeather("Red Sky");
SetNextWeather("Moon Night");
SetNextWeather("Morning");
SetNextWeather("Heavy Storm");

What happens with the new weather system?
If you can give me new commando lines I can exchange them all.

Thanks for that but I don't think you have to play through it all.

What worries me are expressions like:
Code:
SetNextWeather("Heavy Fog");
SetNextWeather("Foggy");
SetNextWeather("IslaDeMuerte");
SetNextWeather("Blue Sky");
SetNextWeather("Clear");
SetNextWeather("Red Sky");
SetNextWeather("Moon Night");
SetNextWeather("Morning");
SetNextWeather("Heavy Storm");

What happens with the new weather system?
If you can give me new commando lines I can exchange them all.

These expressions should be working. Fog, rain, and wind are currently set the way NH vanilla did it, even though our hourly weathers have different names and skyboxes. I actually am enjoying the story and I think it is a good way of testing for someone to go through the questlines and experience the weather changes. I also welcome the break from coding so that I can enjoy the game before more work.

I made a Frankestein weather system combining both frameworks. It's not the prettiest of coding, but we can make it prettier later. :)

:onya @Pillat That night light was something new!

If you get so far it's in the Port Royal mine the fog should appear, not from start but before it gets flooded.

@Jack Rackham here is a test of the SetNextWeather command:

SetNextWeather("Red sky");
ZWH8ElH.png

SetNextWeather("Clear");
xEZ20RU.png

cvD057k.png

Ex5VxqZ.png

SetNextWeather("Foggy")
KXmULfz.png

SetNextWeather("Heavy Fog")
S7pXybD.png

SetNextWeather("IsladeMuerte")
rxvfGDP.png

SetNextWeather("Super Fog")

FYnotYR.png

Reactions: Lrv
Nice! If you can upload the files, I can include them in the next update, which should be in the next week or two.

That goes for everyone else, too - if you want anything included in the next update, please upload it soon!

Sure, you have to add it to your ships_init.c on your own tho, since I play on Maelstrom and the Maelstrom ships_init.c is slightly different from Storm 2.0. Models and Textures should be fully compatible tho

Attachments

• Couronne_pirate.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 97
  • Textures.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 99
Just a Bug that I had saved in my screenshots that I encountered some years ago and I thought it was funny. I found the picture and I decided to share the fun so... feast your eyes! (If I remember correctly that happened while in a jungle outskirts location I selected "fast travel to my ship". I could see myself running on the spot ahead of me in the jungle and on the deck at the same time.
GcxW57h

Just a Bug that I had saved in my screenshots that I encountered some years ago and I thought it was funny. I found the picture and I decided to share the fun so... feast your eyes! (If I remember correctly that happened while in a jungle outskirts location I selected "fast travel to my ship". I could see myself running on the spot ahead of me in the jungle and on the deck at the same time.
Pirates-BUG.png

Sure, you have to add it to your ships_init.c on your own tho, since I play on Maelstrom and the Maelstrom ships_init.c is slightly different from Storm 2.0. Models and Textures should be fully compatible tho
Thanks! :onya I'll probably just copy the entry in "ships_init.c" from the regular "FR_Couronne", then give them a 'refShip.Model. line with the same value so that a player can repaint between them in a shipyard.

yeah thats what I did too. Added that line, made her a little bit faster but a little bit weaker in terms of hull.. and gave her a 0.01 possible spawn rate for pirates :D

yeah thats what I did too. Added that line, made her a little bit faster but a little bit weaker in terms of hull.. and gave her a 0.01 possible spawn rate for pirates :D
Changing the stats for a pirate version should not be necessary, it's done automatically according to code near the top of "Ships_init.c". Pirate ships should already get 10% extra speed and turn rate, and 20% less HP. (And also more crew and less weight.) It also means that if the ship is assigned to Spain then it will get the Spanish modifiers instead. Why would it be assigned to Spain? Because the Silent Mary in "Salazar's Revenge" is a variant of the Couronne, black/red is a suitable colour scheme for Spain, so this ship could represent the Silent Mary before it was cursed - not an exact match but better than the normal "FR_Couronne".

You'll probably also need to edit "InternalSettings.h" to change MAXPIRATECLASS, currently set by default to 4, which means the tier 2 "Couronne_pirate" won't show up in a pirate group even if you set its spawn rate to 1.0.

Unless Maelstrom handles both national modifiers and ship spawn probabilities differently from NH, that is...

Meanwhile, I've got the ship working in NH:
couronne_pirate.jpg couronne_pirate_select.jpg
I've also made a new texture file so that the yardarms match the black masts:
couronne_pirate_masts.jpg

And this is the ship pretending to be the uncursed Silent Mary:
couronne_mary.jpg
Spanish flags on the masts and the eagle emblem of the Holy Roman Empire on the sails.

Back