• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Santiago bug (Guardian of Truth quest)

A.H

Privateer
Hello folks.
Hope everyone is well.
Have been playing Sea dogs the past couple weeks and I ran into a problem which I can't find a way around:

I believe it started when I attacked Santiago by land several times long time ago, so now I realized that the town is completely empty with the exception of the inquisition.

So now I'm doing Guardian of Truth and I have to drop off the drunkard to the inquisition at Santiago lighthouse but the lighthouse keeper is not there, and neither is anyone in Santiago.

I attacked the town again to see if it's a bug that can be resolved but unfortunately nothing.

Save files attached for reference. (One of them in sea mode before landing in Cuba / another before attacking / the latest after attacking and waiting a week to see if anything changes)

Any pointers please?

Attachments

• Cuthroat.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 245
Thanks for the follow up.
Unfortunately nothing there. They don't even have Hero of the Nation questline guide on it, it's dated to before the DLC's release.
Anyhow I think the main mission is over for me, I will just continue to freeplay till I'm bored :)

Sorry to hear that.:(

Still freeplay is quite fun in the Sea Dogs games, back on stock POTC after finishing the main storyline i would freeplay for many hours, then get bored and start a new game, i have lost count how may times i have played stock POTC, defiantly more than 10 and one time with the New Horizons mod which i may replay again with a different storyline.

I haven't found a full walkthrough of Hero of the Nation unfortunately but for anything else this is very helpful if you get stuck.

Yes indeed. Hero of the nation I was going to do the first mission, then i headed out to Trinidad to do the fort with my Ghost ship and the French 88 gunner.
30 minutes later I rolled back to an older save and though it's best to do after I have 3 well armed manowars :D

But im really frustrated about this Guardian of Truth Santiago problem... I spent 2 weeks working my ass off collecting elixer and gathering so many things for the final battle with the demon brother...

But im really frustrated about this Guardian of Truth Santiago problem... I spent 2 weeks working my ass off collecting elixer and gathering so many things for the final battle with the demon brother...

I get that feeling you are close to the end, to the climax you anticipated but the game suddenly throws a bug at you.:modding

But before that, you worked a lot because of the hard boss battle, especially the first time i played TEHO i had difficulties killing him, but the second time it was fine.

Yea I know. My first attempt I was doing it with a rapier all the way, until I reached the last part then I got destroyed easily.
So I always replayed new game with broadsword instead and I been preparing myself for this moment for a long time.
Anyhow what to do, life always has its ways with people..

My father went with rapiers as well when he played the game, he found it quite more difficult than me because i used broadswords in both of my playtroughs.
Though the first time i went to the last battle, i wasn't as prepared as i should have been.

Yea well there are alot of flaws in TEHO, and I'm not that happy about the developer's doing. Most missions are ridiculously stupid in terms of difficulty and composition. They should grab a lesson from the Pirates Ahoy community :rofl

Personally, i didn't find the game too hard on normal, but i don't mind a challenge thrown at me.
But sometimes i can understand that not all people like that, and this may be a problem for them.

They should grab a lesson from the Pirates Ahoy community :rofl
Yes, GOF and New Horizons especially, are really well made.

Still, TEHO is one of my favorite games ever, along with COAS and POTC as far as RPG games go, another franchise i really enjoy is Gothic more specifically Gothic I,II and Risen 1, then the Witcher games and the first Fable.

Last edited:
I only tried NH, POTC, COAS, GOF and TEHO.
I'm now playing ERAS 2 on Maelstrom but I was quite shocked about its content.
It's very well developed but highly imbalanced in terms of how easy it is to get wealth, and from your first 10 minutes starting the game you find massive warships and even the tipster that you get from tavern keeper turns out to be a 700 crew battleship!

Moreorless I also did not like the fact that all skill and valuable items are available at all stores; this is something TEHO succeeds in.
TEHO also succeeds in making the player work his ass off to make money. This is what I really wanted in ERAS but did not happen.

Yes, making money in TEHO is the hardest of all Sea Dogs games modded and not modded.

Since i wrote about it before, Fable is also really easy, i mean i never die and never have problems with money, but like the story and it's fun.

Haven't tried that either.
But indeed TEHO has limited purchasing capability on each trader so you cannot sell everything you got all at once, and they removed the gold and silver from the game with the exception of the gold convoy, which is a near impossible task!

Ah yes the gold convoy i remember the first time i encountered it.
I saw a weird yellow sailed ship and decided ot check out what it was...

Bad idea especially if you only have a Corvette and no other ship, needless to say i was sunken in a second. :modding

Yea well now since I have the scourge of the seas ability, I can patiently lead the convoy to a fort such as Blueweld or Belize and use my ghost ship, but I never tried it yet so maybe another time after I'm bored with ERAS :p

Back