• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Runtime Error with TEHOmod

NoQuarter

Landlubber
Hi!

I'm fairly new to this forum, and have been looking for an answer to this problem, and if it has been solved before, then i have been unable to find it. In wich case, please direct me to the link!

I have played the game for quite a while with Hooksmod, Active Maps and Black Pearl mod(btw amazing work guys, keep it up!) with no issues, but after the realese of the Happily ever after DLC, i get a Runtime Error from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. I had the latest DLC installed, but as i figured it was the problem, i removed it, with no result.

The error was in the ENGINE.exe, and after some trying and failing i discovered that the root of the problem was the d3d8.dll file. If i removed it or changed its name the Error disappeard. However, this naturaly caused all the mods not to work...

Is the problem in the base game due to a newly update, or is the fault mine? And most impostantly, what can i do to fix this issue?

Any and all help on this matter would be much appreciated as i have grown dependent on the hooks mod+Active maps and absolutely love the look of the Black Pearl over the Flying Dutchman!

No Quarter

Hi!

I'm fairly new to this forum, and have been looking for an answer to this problem, and if it has been solved before, then i have been unable to find it. In wich case, please direct me to the link!

I have played the game for quite a while with Hooksmod, Active Maps and Black Pearl mod(btw amazing work guys, keep it up!) with no issues, but after the realese of the Happily ever after DLC, i get a Runtime Error from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. I had the latest DLC installed, but as i figured it was the problem, i removed it, with no result.

The error was in the ENGINE.exe, and after some trying and failing i discovered that the root of the problem was the d3d8.dll file. If i removed it or changed its name the Error disappeard. However, this naturaly caused all the mods not to work...

Is the problem in the base game due to a newly update, or is the fault mine? And most impostantly, what can i do to fix this issue?

Any and all help on this matter would be much appreciated as i have grown dependent on the hooks mod+Active maps and absolutely love the look of the Black Pearl over the Flying Dutchman!

No Quarter

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The origin of the problem is that they have updated the game to version 1.7.0 and the mods also need to be updated.

As far as I know the Active map mod works without any problem and for the Hookmod, they say that you only have to change the version number in the tehomod_hookmod file that you can find in the root directory of the game. I leave you a screenshot to make the change easier.

If you have any problem with the Hookmod, please let me know ... I'd like to know if it's solved so easily.

About the BlackPearlMod @The Nameless Pirate will be able to answer you better than me.

Captura de pantalla (18).png

Welcome aboard @NoQuarter! :cheers

Now about the Black Pearl mod. It should be updated to the new version of the game.
Some of the script files that my mod uses have certainly been updated, since new quests have been added.
I have to buy the new DLC and update the mod, I will try to do this as soon as possible.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and good luck on the sea!

Thanks for the answers guys and the warm welcome!

I followed your tip, @JTem , but sadly it didn't help. The runtime error still appear if i dont disable tehomod completely, or remove the d3d8.dll file from root directory.
If it is a problem between the 1.7.0 version of the game and the tehomod itself, i guess i can't be the only one with this problem?
I'll just have to play the unmodded version for now(just hope i don't run out of time on the Pirate Saga:8q)

Once again, thanks for the help so far guys!

So, i removed all mod stuff from root directory, put the zip files back in and reinstalled BlackPearlMod. Then i unziped all the mods to root, leaving the zip files in root. And lastly i changed the mode in the tehomod configurations from 2 to 0(using packed files first, then unpacked).
This caused Active Maps and BlackPearl Mod to work again, but not Hookmod.

So, i removed all mod stuff from root directory, put the zip files back in and reinstalled BlackPearlMod. Then i unziped all the mods to root, leaving the zip files in root. And lastly i changed the mode in the tehomod configurations from 2 to 0(using packed files first, then unpacked).
This caused Active Maps and BlackPearl Mod to work again, but not Hookmod.

It's a good try, it's clear that until they update the Hookmod we won't be able to enjoy its benefits again. :onya

I have used the previous version of the Hookmod to correct the problems with the new version in the Spanish translation of the game that I have in the forum.:type1

While I have managed to fix the problems, it is possible that the Hookmod is not working properly.:rumgone

Back