• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Risen

Cylon13

Super Zealot
I'm now in Chapter 4 and finally got heavy robe and a rune that opens magic barriers. *Spoiler* Hunting Titan Lord armor pieces now and raiding temples. Nice. Also playing a pure mage because I find those magic bullets way more effective than arsing around with a sword or something and trying to hit your opponent. :scared: Blah.. being a mage really makes things easier.. you can levitate, open locks or barriers, transform into a nautilus, conjure a skeleton, make a inferno and you can do such things without wasting scrolls. :woot You can also make scrolls in Risen.

Having alot fun with this game. :will This has to be the first game that I really like and want to play all the time.. just can't stop playing. Risen's story is good. NPCs are memorable.

Stallion.. definitely get this game. It's actually worth your money methinks.

Monastery.jpg

Beautiful isn't it?

Also playing a pure mage because I find those magic bullets way more effective than arsing around with a sword or something and trying to hit your opponent. :scared: Blah.. being a mage really makes things easier..

...and you call yourself barbarian!?!?
smileyviking.gif

It does look pretty good though :onya I haven't really played any RPG's since Neverwinter Nights.

Also playing a pure mage because I find those magic bullets way more effective than arsing around with a sword or something and trying to hit your opponent. :scared: Blah.. being a mage really makes things easier..

...and you call yourself barbarian!?!?
smileyviking.gif

It does look pretty good though :onya I haven't really played any RPG's since Neverwinter Nights.

Whoa.. that game must have made me like mages. How was playing Neverwinter nights? I finished the original game long ago and am now sometimes playing Shadows of Undertide expansion. I have a dwarf barbarian character there. I like dwarves.

I played the original NWN quite a bit, they did a pretty good job with character creation. Although I never really cared much for the D%D 3.0 rules. I played online a lot with it too, but most of the online stuff was centered on mages! :rolleyes:

I'm old school, the original pen and paper D&D rules gave barbarians experience points for destroying magic items. I had a LOT of fun with that! xD: The first D&D character I ever played was a dwarf! :onya

ZOMG did you check out the requirements for that game!!!!

Intel Processor - Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
AMD Processor - Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+
Nvidia Graphics Card - Geforce 8800 GT
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 2900 Pro
RAM Memory - 2 GB

MWAHAHA! I scoff at those requirements!! MWAHA!! :woot

Only problem is, the game ain't compatible with Vista OR 7. xD: Nobody can get it to run. :facepalm

Nobody can get it to run? :rofl
Good grief where are ye living!?! :shock Obviously I got it to run. It has no lag but it stutters sometimes.. I don't know if it's the buggy game thing or my computer isn't powerful enough.. meh don't care. :cheeky For me that game is easier and more fun to play than Gothic II was.. since I'm into good looking and good gameplay having 3D games these days I've decided to uh.. "acquire" Gothic 3 with patches and a community patch 1.73 that should fix pretty much all the bugs found in Gothic 3. I hope that game will be good then.

Who told you to get that rig with a bloody Windows 7 then? xD:

Anyways magic system in Risen is MUCH better than in gothics IMO. Because you can aim where to shoot your magic stuff (fireball, magic bullets, frostball). Too bad that this game was short.

Stallion! Stop bragging about your "equipment" in public! That's just not polite! :cheeky

I would bet it has more to do with Windows 7's "security features" than anything else, that's the one holdover from Vista that I absolutely hate. Basically anything in the "Program files" directory you have to run as an administrator for it to run properly, or log in to your administrator account. But that is not exactly a good idea if your connected to the internet.

so you're saying that if you'd install the game in a seperately made folder, 'games' for example, you would bypass the security checks preventing it to work?

Installing to a different folder won't bypass all the security checks in Win 7, but it will at least allow the program to execute and still be able to access and modify it's own files without having to be run as an administrator. Seven treats everything under the Program Files folder as if it is a protected operating system file. :rolleyes:

I may just have to see if I can find a copy of this game and see exactly what it's doing. So far I have yet to find any recent games that won't run under 7, it's rather strange if this one wont, it's not all that old at all.

Back