• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reskin Of PoTC Ships

Agreed, that's a very nice re-skin! You'd never know it used to be the Flying Dutchman! :keith
I dare say, she'd look rather nice in the PotC Build Mod, too... :wp

Yes, CoAS Flying Dutchmen. Your more then welcome to use her in PoTC Build. Just let me know and I upload her.

Yes, CoAS Flying Dutchmen. Your more then welcome to use her in PoTC Build. Just let me know and I upload her.
I totally forgot about this for a while. :facepalm
So anyway, could you upload her (plus your new texture!) so I can take a look?

Yes EC, I'l upload her to your folder.
me.gif

Do you know how to make a path for a ship?

Thanks for that, Craiggo! :cheers

Do I know how to make a ship's walk path? Well, not exactly, but from what I've seen, I think it's literally a model of the ship's deck alone, with gaps for the cannons, masts and such.
I may be wrong, but that's where I'd start.

EDIT: I have the ship now, and on first impressions the hull looks quite nice.
But when it comes to the rigging... it is absolutely terrible! :shock
It needs completely re-doing in my opinion. :facepalm

If you can, have at it. I sure dont know how to do it.
dunno.gif

I definitely agree with you. The only part I like is the rudder chains.

I've experimented with it and think I've got some better rigging, but it's not finished yet.
What annoys me is that this ship is modelled to look damaged, so if you were to buy it as a new ship, you'd think the shipwright was on a tight budget! xD:

LOL, ya that part sucks but it still is a nice ship. It would be nice if we could fix the broken parts though.

How is the Poseidon coming along.
bounce.gif

For fixing broken parts, we'd need a modeller... you know pgargon's been reworking some CoAS ships lately... :wp

Poseidon has most things that I need to finish her now; I've got an accurate sail plan and loads of good stats to use!
Still lacking a walk patch and a fixed mast1, though. :facepalm
Any proper updates will be posted in the Poseidon thread. :cheeky

Gosh, you didn't forget about Ol' Lady Washington, did you?

Anyways Craiggo, Im impressed but How did you get Harrison's surprise working for PotC? Which files do I download from the ftp and what do I do with them?

Much appreciated, thanks!

Toni, Thanks for the complement good sir.The Surprise is not ready yet. We are still working on her and it is not my ship, I just helped out with the rigging, sails and crew on deck. It is up to Jack and Armada when she will be released.

Hear are some shots of upgrades in detail I have been working on. Armada will get a kick out of this I think. She is the Soleyru model. She now has Deadeyes, Boats, better cannons & See through windows. I did this to the stock ManOwar as well.

BetterGunsonSoleyRuseethroughwindows.jpg

Deadeyes-Boats-bettercannonsSeethroughwindowsontheMonOwar.jpg

JollyBoatsonSoleyRu.jpg

He's right, I'm liking this! :cheeky
Now if we could have that level of detail in the PotC versions, I might not hate them so much any more.
The cannons are particularly good, compared to the old blocks! But I have to ask: did you group the cannons into one model, or put them in one by one...? :shock

No, the guns are all in one model.
icon_wink.gif

The pain was the deadeyes. There are 20 models of them. Oh well. Not a modeler so cant make my own.
dunno.gif

I could upload this model for you and you can replace the one In PoTC if you would like.

Back