• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Reputation Bug

Scurvy Mustache

Landlubber
So i assume this is a bug. my rep has never changed from unknown pirate and yet ive sunk and confinscated around 50 ships and done much more. Ive noticed when i do something that should effect my rep, it says something like INCREASE PLAYER REP: 1 up in the corner, which looks more like script or code than a message its meant to be. I cant remember if thats the exact words. Ill remember it next time i play. Oh and im playing Nethaniel Hawk story.

Thanks a bunch for all these mods, i wish i found them when i first started playing. :D

Yeah, that's a bug, but it's a bug in your game only. It does make it easier to sneak around though. :wp

Shouldn't matter which version of the game you use...

To change from Unknown Pirate, you need to build up your FAME level. Fame is based on rank, personal wealth, leadership, luck, Iron Will, rank in service to the various nations, etc. The main thing that factors into this is your personal wealth. This doesn't build up very well in regular play; works much better if you get a Letter of Marque from one of the nations or start to Divide the Plunder.

Good luck!

it says CHANGE REP FOR PLAYER: 1 is what i was thinking of. i got rank 10 and 1.8 million and 8 leadership. is that not enough to change it still? i thought possibly changing the advanced options around as much as i did triggered a bug. guess maybe im just still too noob? Thanks again for the awesome mods guys :D

The "Change Rep" message on the screen is for your reputation, eg. Neutral, Swindler, Hero, etc, which shows how much of a nice guy (OR NOT) you are.

By rank 10 you should be seeing one level of improvement anyway. What skill level are you playing at? Could that be causing this?

OOoohhh i see. Sorry could someone plz change this to Reputation Bug(Nvm not a bug) cuz i think i just got Change Rep for Forumuser: -1 :(

oh and i found u in the game pieter :) u said "..." and i said "..." it was great. maybe u didnt want to talk to me because im -60 with pirates ironicly. must be cuz i use their flag every time i send a ship to davey jones locker :p giving them a bad rap.

The skill level is the default for Nathaniel Hawk, which i just realized is apprentice :oops:
here is what i have:
Swindler
Rank 10
$1.8 million
Leadership 7-9
Melee 7-7
Sailing 3-7
Accuracy 3-3
Cannon 3-3
Grapple 2-2
Repair 9-9
Defense 5-5
Commerce 4-5
Luck 2-2

Advanced War Ship
Spanish War Galleon
European Barque
and the extra one i always sell.

I can get my advanced settings too if that will help.
Should my reputation have changed by now?

I normally don't pay attention to the rep stuff, so really don't know when it changes, but I just got done playing build 13 for a bit at level 12 at journeyman level and I am an "unknown freebooter".

Haha unknown freebooty, ive had that, i barely remember it. ya i normally wouldnt care about that either but i was thinking it had some effect on the gameplay. i was just trying to figure out why i couldnt trade with some store owners was the main reason i noticed it. i see now that it has to do with the personal reputation towards certain factions.

I just found a real bug with quick turn ability but im done nit picking.

Back