• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Victuals for both ships (in exchange window)

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
Included in GOF 1.1.x
Included in GOF 1.2

Tweak to show the lasting days of food and rum for both ships in the exchange window.

1hic_f29_u4m03.jpg

TWEAK Vers. 01.000.000

Show food/rum/upkeep for both ships in the exchange window.

NOTE: The texts actually are: "Food: xxx days", "Rum: xxx days". The pic is outdated.

- o -

This tweak replaces the files:

\Program\INTERFACE\transfer_main.c
\RESOURCE\INI\interfaces\transfer_main.ini

Search "BUHO" to locate the changes.

All the original files included in the packet, renamed as originalname____original.ext

Installation: drop the "Program" and "RESOURCE" folders in your current COAS root folder.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?it0fxc3owtuh9u5

Cheers.
buho (A).

I really love all the amazing work you have done buho! Can't wait for what you might come up with in the future

Totally agree with fiend, nifty stuff thanks for your work and the share I'll use it ASAP :)

Cheers
Joe

I echo my fellow virtual sailors sentiments, outstanding job boho!
me.gif

I have a request. Could you do something for the vendor window when you are buying something for you or your fighters and you cant see what sword they are carrying or how many health postions or bullets they currently have. If not, I can understand, but it has always bothered me how you don't know what to buy them because you don't know what they have.

Again, thank you for making theses small changes that make a big difference in the game and have solved many headaches I have had throughout playing the game.
bow.gif

I echo my fellow virtual sailors sentiments, outstanding job boho!
me.gif

I have a request. Could you do something for the vendor window when you are buying something for you or your fighters and you cant see what sword they are carrying or how many health postions or bullets they currently have. If not, I can understand, but it has always bothered me how you don't know what to buy them because you don't know what they have.

Again, thank you for making theses small changes that make a big difference in the game and have solved many headaches I have had throughout playing the game.
bow.gif

Now that's a good idea :keith

you cant see what sword they are carrying or how many health postions or bullets they currently have.
Why cannot you see potions or bullets? They are visible for sure.
Only equipped items cannot be seen (sword, pistol, cuirass).

Boozing will be the end of you, Craiggo. :razz

Bna is right, you can see everything your fighters have but what they are equipping (sword, pistol and cuirass). Potions, bullets, maps and everything else appears in the vendor list.

There are some caveats in making the equipped items show in the list, namely the fact that they need to be blocked and I'm not sure there is a way to show blocked items in the store lists: making they appear I think is possible, blocking them is another thing, and showing to the player they are blocked is the most difficult part. Moreover, showing not sellable items in the shop list is going to clutter it still more, and it is horribly cluttered as it is now.

I'm planning a rework in the vendor subsystem, but I dont want to start it before GOF 1.2 come live: it is too much work to start it in a base code which is going to change soon. If I find a way to show the equipped items I'll include them.

Cheers.
buho (A).

One thing we really need is to be able to take the cannon off enemy ships in the loot menu so you can store them in your cargo hold, or transfer onto your ship.

One thing we really need is to be able to take the cannon off enemy ships in the loot menu so you can store them in your cargo hold, or transfer onto your ship.

in GOF 1.2 (to be released soon, honest!) you can double click on their cannons in the loot menu to strip them from the captured ship.

You are right. I need to lay off the rum. And I see your point and agree that the whole system needs to be revamped.
buds.gif

@ Fiend, your wish is granted mate! You will be able to pillage cannon from an enemy after boarding in 1.2.
yes.gif

Back