• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] No Bars (red/blue) In Melee Combat

Joe Dagger

Freibeuter
Storm Modder

As you can see or more precisely can't see the red+blue bars are invisible if you use this modded file.
Why using such a file you might ask?

Pro
###
- Since it is not switchable in the menu you can disable the bars with this file (unlike the ship bars which are switchable).
- Surprisingly it (can) bring much more fun to not know the enemy status (well for me :cheeky )
- So you fight not like "okay it only needs a tiny hit now and he's gone", you simply don't know and fight to the fullest.

Cons
####
- In a bigger fight (multiple enemies) you can't identify your opponents fast due to the bars which are missing.

Bugs
####
- None, all savegame compatible and you can switch back anytime to the default state (use your backup file)

To do
####
- The numbers (damage) are still displayed.... I'd like to take those out too but couldn't find the right file for now. Also I'm unsure if this is doable without breaking something. If someone can help me on this matter then please do not hesitate to give me a hand, thanks in advance.

Installation
#########
Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\Textures\LocEfx
(make a backup of the file "state_bars.tga.tx" before you overwrite it.)

As always hope you enjoy
:cheers
Joe

Attachments

• no red-blue bars.rar
    4.8 KB · Views: 126
Gonna pass on this one, matey.

I'm an information freak, I like to have all the possible info. :eek:ops2

Cheers.
buho (A).

Glad you like it Fiend, now we only need to find a way to disable the numbers too. Had no luck at the moment but I'll try again later.
:dance

Could you disable the bars, but keep the little red triangles? Then you'd know who's an enemy.
The mod only disables the bars so the triangels are still there... what I was referring to is the hand to hand / melee combat. So at sea ship vs ship all is untouched.

Back