• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] FIX for Jan Willems portrait

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder

Included in GOF 1.1.x

=============================
This fix is for GOF 1.1 ONLY.
=============================

Bug: Jan Willems portrait doesn't appears in the F2 character screen left scroller, in the item trader horizontal scroller, in the item box window or in the load game screen.

Copy the attached file to: RESOURCE\INI\interfaces\

(Backup your original file first.)

Cheers.
buho (A).

Attachments

• pictures.ini
    97.8 KB · Views: 109
Hey there Buho! Can you post a fix for Danielle Sheppard portrait in the character menu cuz it seems missing. I'm running GOF 1.1. I recall seeing a thread about fixing this problem b4, maybe i was wrong, but i can't find it anywhere else using the search button. I got a save at the point b4 i boarded the Queen. So i'm waiting for you reply to just finish it. Just curious if the fix requires a new start anyway.
Thanks!

If you have her you can use the console fix in the post #13 here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/tracker/issue-575-broken-danielle-sheppard-portraits/

If you still have not her we have not fix for it, the better way is you fixing the code yourself as shown in the post #12 in the same thread (under the title "FIX"). Use NotePad to edit the file.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Wow i just posted this like 10 minutes ago and now i got an answer. However, it doesn't seem to work. I did as you said, created a console.c file with the codes, replaced it, loaded the game to the point before i boarded the Queen, hit F4 and nothing happened. I have no idea why. The game was so smooth like always, no lag, no pausing, just like normal. Nothing indicated that the code was successfulled done after i hit F4. Can you help?
Thanks!

(PS: I read 'bout ur other posts involved editting the console file and hit F4 in game. I tried them all and nothing happened though other guys using the same method said it worked. Don't know why. Gotta admit I'm using some minor mods from the forum but none of them involve editting the console file. And as far as i know, there seems to be 3 special buttons in the GOF, the F12 to view rank and health of the target, the F10 the view the location and destination of rival captains and the F5 button when hit it says "test F5 button". Dont know what's that for. As for the F4 button, it practically has no function in game at all unless editted as you told me which doesn't seem to work.)

I assume:

1) You are not using any mods but the Pirates Ahoy ones.

2) You have not installed Consoles Manager.

If my assumptions are right and you are not seeing any message, it is is due to:

a) The console.c file being not in the "Program" folder or

b) The console.c file having an error.

Lets make it easy:

1) Download the attached file.
2) Rename it as "console.c".
3) Drop it in the "Program" folder.
4) Load your last save (with Danielle in it).
5) Hit F4. Wait for the messages to appear.
6) Tell me what happened.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Attachments

• c_fix_DanielleSheppard.c
    955 bytes · Views: 128
I guess I got the point then. I don't have the console manager. Looks like that's why i can't get any console code to work in my game. Could you please post the download link? Thanks!
Oh and btw according to your post in the link given above, what file am i supposed to edit if i wanna fix the bug before starting the quest. I know it's kinda weird to ask but I gotta start a new game as soon as GOF 1.2 comes out anyway.
Thanks for your help! You've been so kind. I'll reply to you back in the morning then. It's 4am in here now.
Cheers!

I guess I got the point then. I don't have the console manager. Looks like that's why i can't get any console code to work in my game. Could you please post the download link? Thanks!

Do NOT install Consoles Manager.

You don't need it for nothing and the instructions above are for a game WITHOUT Consoles Manager installed.

Oh and btw according to your post in the link given above, what file am i supposed to edit if i wanna fix the bug before starting the quest. I know it's kinda weird to ask but I gotta start a new game as soon as GOF 1.2 comes out anyway.
Thanks for your help! You've been so kind. I'll reply to you back in the morning then. It's 4am in here now.
Cheers!

GOF 1.2 will have the bug fixed.

The file is: "Program\characters\characters_face.c".

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back