• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Extended Mooring System - EMS

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
Version 2.0 included in GOF 1.1.x
Included in GOF 1.2

Now you can berth all your fleet and keep your drilled crew.

The tweak is kinda cheat in the sense your are not paying the crew salaries. After GOF 1.2 coming live I'll make another version including salaries.

============================
TWEAK Vers. 01.000.001

- Extends mooring capacity to 5 ships per port.
- Crew is not fired when mooring.
- Moored ships list sorted by island (island added).

=====================================
GOF 1.2 AWARE
=====================================

This tweak can be installed in GOF 1.1 and re-installed in GOF 1.2.

- o -

This tweak replaces the files:

Program\DIALOGS\russian\Common_Portman.c
Program\INTERFACE\QuestBook.c

Search "BUHO" to locate the changes.

All the original files included in the packet, renamed as originalname____original.ext.

Installation: drop the "Program" folder in your current COAS root folder.

Downlad: http://www.mediafire.com/?711utv5l5jsabul

Cheers.
buho (A).

:gday
Awesome I always thought it's silly to lose a fine crew just because you moor the ship and later if you take her back you need to start with a rookie crew.... meh. So that's history now... splendid I say splendid.

Buho my friend have some Rum on my account, fine work again. Rum I said? Forget it let's pick the finest Wine we've got onboard *haha*
:drunk

Thanks for all your nifty work!
:bow

Cheers
Joe

EDIT
and about the crew cheat not paying sallaries... ah no big deal they have enough money earned and can spent their money in the tavern if one takes the ship back the crew is hungry for money and action again so all okay... *hehe*

Besides they are not working and can do whatever they like while on land, they simply stand at the ready if you call them back... so it's the best cause of action.

I want to make some changes in the next version, like the crew and the officer getting a fraction of their nominal salaries (1/2 for the officer and 1/3 for the crew?) and the dock asking for a monthly fee (based on rate) and not for a lump fee every time you berth a ship like it is now: the ship is yours; if you have it berthed you don't need to pay another mooring fee only for going there to drink some grog with your men.

But I'm waiting for GOF 1.2 because the salaries code can't be made "GOF 1.2 aware" and making all the code changes now only to make them again in 1.2 is dumb.

Cheers.
buho (A).

NOTE: I can't warrant that at higher levels of difficulty the moored crew will not degrade over time. Anyway, it is better than hunting 2500 men every time you pop up your big warships.

I want to make some changes in the next version, like the crew and the officer getting a fraction of their nominal salaries (1/2 for the officer and 1/3 for the crew?) and the dock asking for a monthly fee (based on rate) and not for a lump fee every time you berth a ship like it is now: the ship is yours; if you have it berthed you don't need to pay another mooring fee only for going there to drink some grog with your men.
Yes that sounds pretty damn good to me.

NOTE: I can't warrant that at higher levels of difficulty the moored crew will not degrade over time. Anyway, it is better than hunting 2500 men every time you pop up your big warships.
Fully agree on that and if a good crew loses some skill over time they still would be better that greenhorns, besides losing skill is an realistic feature if it's not too much. The crew sits idle and is out of drill.
:dance

cheers
Joe

[...] besides losing skill is an realistic feature if it's not too much. The crew sits idle and is out of drill.
[...]

Idle? Your officers are not worth their salaries and your ships discipline is ashaming, Sir.

Cheers.
buho (A). :d:

But I'm waiting for GOF 1.2 because the salaries code can't be made "GOF 1.2 aware" and making all the code changes now only to make them again in 1.2 is dumb.

Done in EMS 2.0, part of GOF 1.1.1, downlodable now.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back