• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[REL] Commodore in Command (CIC) plus optional Mates Voices (MV)

buho

Privateer
Storm Modder
Included in GOF 1.1.x
Included in GOF 1.2

Mates Voices WAV files still needs separate download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zmw58va6700e9x2 (4 MB)

=====================================
Commodore in Command (CIC) mini-mod
Vers. 01.000.000

Adds fleet-wide commands to the
battle interface

Compatibility: GOF 1.1

Commands added:

Key 5: All fleet load balls.
Key 6: All fleet load grapes.
Key 7: All fleet load chain.
Key 8: All fleet load bombs.
Key 9: All fleet load at will.

Key O: All fleet sail away.
Key L: All fleet lower sails.
Key P: All fleet protect flagship.

- o -

Files added:

Program\BUHO_CIC.C

Files replaced:

Program\seadogs.c
Program\battle_interface\BattleInterface.c
Program\Controls\init_pc.c
Program\SEA_AI\AIShip (for optional "Mates Voices" tweak)
RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\ControlNames.txt

Search "BUHO" to locate the changes (except in ControlNames.txt which is not commented/tagged).

All the original files included in the packet, renamed as originalname____original.ext.

Installation: drop the "Program" and "RESOURCE" folders in your current COAS root folder.

"Options/Restore the default settings" needed for games started before the mod installation.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?pav7koqdi5dwq6a

CIC and Mates Voices

Mates Voices is a set of tweaks replacing/adding mates voices:

- The COAS/GOF cannon reloading voices are replaced for the Gunner Mate voice from SD/POTC.

- Added Gunner Mate voice at the end of cannon ammo change ("1"..."4" keys and character ship ammo sub-menu). Taken from SD/POTC.

- Added First Mate voice akcnowledging the sails change ("W" and "S" keys and character ship sails sub-menu). Taken from SD/POTC.

The WAVs for Mates Voices can be download separately, the code is part of CIC.

All the original files included in the packet, renamed as originalname____original.wav.

CIC can work without Mates Voices but Mates Voices CAN'T work without CIC.

Download WAV files: http://www.mediafire.com/?zmw58va6700e9x2 (4 MB)

==============================
Mates Voices Known Issues
==============================

If you quick tap the "W" or "S" keys the voice will play every time, producing an ugly effect.

I'm working on it but I still have no solution.

Future of CIC

I'm fancing a graphical interface for CIC and more commands; actually I restricted the ones I implemented because I'm kidnapping half the keyboard.

The idea is having one key firing a graphical menu with all the commands plus adding commands like "All fleet attack vessel" and "All fleet protect vessel" (both popping a vessel selection menu). If I can implement an "All fleet cease fire" I'll do it too.

And a much needed "fleet state report" showing what ammo are using the different fleet ships and what are they doing (attacking, sailing away, etc).

But I'm not sure I can do it. At the momment my feelings are that the GUI is encapsulated in the DLLs and I'm having little room to tweak/cheat it. A lot more research is needed.

I'm going to explore some other aspects of the modding work before tackling GUI CIC 02.xxx.xxx.

Cheers.
buho (A).

:onya
The fleet command shortcut would be a huge improvement to have ingame, thanks a lot. I'll check it out.

After installing this, I was extremely happy to find that the Master and Commander sounds were almost all gone. However, I did experience a bug with it, this seems to have taken over and changed the controls for the game, even after I hit return to default, the controls are different. After the controls changing bug, I found that the fleet commands were not functioning (when I hit 5-9, nothing would happen). Just an FYI.

Are you playing GOF 1.1 or vainilla? Can you upload here the save\<your_profile>\options\options file, please?

LATER: BTW, you need to load a game before reseting the controls; the effect of reseting from the starting menu will be lost as soon as you load a game. And you need to save the game after reseting for the effects to carry on your next loads. The game uses the options "fixed" in the saves.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Unfortunately I can not give you the save file; I have since built a completely new computer and have re-formatted the old HDD. After thinking on it, it may have been how I installed it. I am running the command mod now with GOF 1.1 (which is what I was running when I ran into the problem). I am going to put the voices in, and will report back after I run the game a little with that. Originally, I used the combined DL with the commands and voices.

Back