• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ravens Cry Released!

They have provided me with the copy of the re-release they promised.

Along with a rather "interesting" offer to all their customers who leave a positive review.

""Dear Customer,

Thanks for your interest in our upgrade service. If you like Vendetta: Curse of Ravens Cry, we would really appreciate a positive review. Have fun and enjoy playing! A little hint: if you register your game you will be honored with two exclusive in-game items: the Hand of Glory amulet and Marrow Rapier.

Best regards,

TopWare Interactive Customer Support""

I was going to provide a screen cap of the email but i keep getting errors when i attempt to upload it.

edit: will be a while before i can get into the game my Australian internet which works by sending USB sticks in kangaroo pouches is not working very well as one of the roos has taken sick and i am only geting 300kbps

Last edited:
So uhh its um.. playable now ? and i can harvest monkey scrotums and kill tigers... so long as the tigers are uphill from me otherwise i cant hit them... and cannons are sorta easier to aim and there's voice acting kinda

otherwise it's the same game.

From what I have seen of this game, the fact that harvesting monkey scrotums is actually a thing really doesn't surprise me much. :rolleyes:

Tigers? In the Caribbean?? :unsure

I think they were tigers , some kind of big cat in anycase aswell as big black dogs and a tapier all in the same area.

So now the game is at least not a buggy mess i was able to board a vessel and capture some loot which i was quite happy about until i found that when i go to sell my stolen cargo that the merchant has a cap on how much of that cargo can have eg limit is 75 silk he already has 70 silk so he will only buy 5 silk from me. I am sure you can imagine the look on my face.

:rumgone

I think they were tigers , some kind of big cat in anycase aswell as big black dogs and a tapier all in the same area.

Perhaps they were Jaguars? If they have stripes though, there is certainly a problem. The Tapirs are certainly indigenous as well. No idea about the big black dogs, though black Jaguars are possible. :shrug

Yep they were jaguars looked just like that and the dogs barked although with this game anything is possible and they could just be confused cats.

• Rewards for quest completion have been enhanced. - yet to be seen.
  • Christopher’s fighting skills have been enhanced and improved. - the same but now it works.
  • Numerous new quests have been added and existing quests have been enhanced. - the entire first hour of the game is the same.
  • Faster sailing: sailing has been tweaked to be more dynamic, with a speed-up option that accelerates time. - about the same and i haven't seen the speed up option.
  • Enhanced and upgraded trading system. - the second worst trading system i have seen in a game so far (first prize to sunless sea)
  • An upgraded skill system with new skills to unlock. - was not impressed .
  • Quest indicators for easy, medium and difficult quests have been added, in addition to an improved hint system.
  • In-game achievements with progress indicators have been added where applicable.
  • A robust Alchemy system has been added, allowing players to collect various herbs and alcohols to brew potent potions and tinctures with a variety of effects
    - robust? really?

• Use a variety of historically accurate flags to trick your enemies, disguise your intentions, and improve the appearance of your vessel.
  • Free-sailing mode allows players to sail without restrictions. - that's not free sailing! you get to sail around after a battle in an area of ocean.. woo.. i found that after a while i either hit an invisible wall or the wind totally changed and i was dead in the water
  • New videos and cut -scenes. - the same ones.
  • Completely re-recorded English voice acting. - the missing ones now with extra echo.
  • Improved fighting system with new combos, slow motion finishing moves and weapons - yet to be seen.
    • :rumgone

The sad thing is that i LOVED topwaress other games i still play two worlds and two worlds two even re-played them again this year.
      Just what happened to these guys? :shrug

Back