• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Raven's Cry (new pirate RPG)

Peter Blood

Privateer
I have just discovered that a new pirate themed video game be on the horizon, me hearties! Judging from the description, it appears to be an open ended, Dragon Age style, Role Playing experience! Honestly, I have no idea why they would pick the name "Raven's Cry" for a pirate themed game, but there probably is a reason. After looking at the features, it struck me as a very similar game to what Armada of the Damned would have been. Perhaps Raven's Cry will fill the empty spot that was to belong to AOTD. Not very many details have been released about the game yet, but I know that the game takes place in the 1660's, it includes historical towns like Port Royal and Tortuga as well as figures like Henry Morgan and L'lonaiss. It will be released on all systems and will include vast, open ended gameplay where you sail your ship across the Caribbean. What strikes me as very intriguing about this game is the fact that you don't play the part of a glorified Jack Sparrow styled buccaneer, but a ruthless and desperate cutthroat inspired by the people pirates truly were. We are looking at a late 2011 to early or mid 2012 release for this game. The link to the official website is bellow.

http://ravenscry-game.com/en/index.html

Wakey , Wakey -- You've been asleep for a while :razz

Check these threads :rofl

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17670-ravens-cry/page__view__findpost__p__396489

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17677-exclusive-qa-with-octane-games/page__view__findpost__p__396777

:rofl

No worries mate, there is a lot of information on these forums, and it's easy to miss things! I do it all the time myself. :facepalm

Although, if some of you would look at the PA Front Page occasionally, you might notice some of the more prominent news items occasionally! :whipa

btw, does anyone know when that Captain Blood game comes out? It is supposed to come out this year, but they keep pushing it back to the next. The game looks interesting. What I am looking for that woulkd be cool, is a pirate themed RPG by either Bioware or Obsidian in the style of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR, or Neverwinter Nights. I just adore the common game engine all of those games use.

I have been looking for news on that one for years, and there were rumors recently that the game was canceled, but that seems not to be the case. Most of what I have found in the past year has just been speculation, so I haven't posted anything about it for a while. From everything I have read, the game is actually finished and they are trying to find a a publisher, but are having some problems working out the details. That has been ongoing for quite some time. I have yet to find anything official as to when the game is coming out, the best I have been able to find is "The game is not cancelled. Precise release date is unknown, but i think it will happen this year" posted over on the 1C Forums by one of the admin's.

Back