• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Rain and Cannons

craiggbrown

Corsair
Storm Modder
For some reason in my game it never rains except if I get in a storm and have to battle the lightning and water spout. does anyone else notice this phenomenon? And why can't you put different caliber cannon in different spots on your ships cannon placement? it is ether all of one caliber or nothing.

Just wondering. :shrug

Rain... same thing... i suppose is a framerate optimization thing...
And about cannons... well is a shame, i'm no coder, but i suppose there is a line to determine type and caliber... If this line includes a reference to the cannon locators, maybe you can define how many of those are in one type, and then add another "type and caliber" line to define another set of cannons... deck 1, deck 2 etc...
If that is possible, the you would need a way to define wich cannons you want to shoot, and also you would need a second (even a third in the given case) interfase that shows the actual state of those decks... not to mention the interfase change needed to fix the cannons when you buy/replace them...
Hope i was clear on the idea... but then again, if it was that easy... they would have done it from scratch...
Actually that (cannons) was one of the first things i've noticed about the game... i wanted to have an always ready battery for close distances

Yeah, come to think of it I can't remember regular rain in the game either.

Agree completely about the cannons too. Way back when the trailer first came out they flashed the cannon allocation screen briefly and I thought "well finally, now I'll be able to put cannons on the sides for the heavy punch during battle and culverines on the bow and stern for the range during chases". But no dice.
And as far as cannon disappointments go, why can't we load different ammo types into different cannons? I'd love to be able to load one side grape shot, one side chain shot.

unfortuantly the only way to get several diff size cannons and multi shot types loaded at once is to play pirates of the burning sea.that i'm aware of.

the rain i lack too,but i like it,cause in potc i get nothing but rain,a sunny day is a dream in that game :modding

The funny thing is that it rains allot in the Caribbean! But then again, skeletons don't come alive and attack you ether. LOL :sail

Weather in game is scripted in way that there is no rain in standard weather pattern in game except in case when storm/overcast script is active/overriding standard 24 hour ("sunny") weather script.

Weather in game is scripted in way that there is no rain in standard weather pattern in game except in case when storm/overcast script is active/overriding standard 24 hour ("sunny") weather script.

Is there a way to change that? :yes

Is there a way to change that? :yes

Hmmm, only if you are ready to "sacrifice" couple standard day hours of sunny weather (atm foggy weather lol) for rain but then would each day at that and that hour fall rain (and sun/cloud/fog also needs to be scripted properly in such case or sun would shine and rain fall, and tornado bass by casually near by :shrug ).

But it should be also possible to add scripts for more days in week (Edit:Month, game dont have 7 day week concept, only months[Edit:I think])) so could be possible to have... rainy weather on monday morning and fighday late afternon for example.

Hmmm, you just give me idea what I will do in my spare time from now till new year :woot

P.S.
Also... if somone script global map new weather event (new kind of storm[can look same as now dark cloud]) more random weather patern scripts can be added, like to make a diferance from storms, from light summer rain and slow wind to hurricane that throws your ship on land and tear apart sails in matter of game seconds.
But that stuff would need new kind of global map weather trigger scripted into code :mm

Edit: or Capsize your ship if you are not sailing into or down the wind in time of large storm.
Hmmmm, how be script that :mm

Back