• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Quick Command menu not so quick

Westley

Landlubber
Hello all,

Right off I want to congratulate and thank everyone who has worked on these mods. When I stumbled upon the Build Mod last week I cried out in excitement (scared the daylights out of my girlfriend).

One thing that I remember finding particularly frustrating from the original release has to do with the Sail To menu. I don't know about you, but I really hate it when I'm in the middle of a battle and I miss my three millisecond window to board a ship because I have to choose between controlling my ship or having the command window open.

I also want to be able to order my companion ships and execute special abilities without losing control of my ship. Is this possible? Does anyone else feel this way? Is there some other way to get around this by adding more hotkeys?

Any input would be great!

----------------------------
Capt. Westley Phipps-Buihner
of the
Eastern Goddess

Hey Westley, welcome to the party mate.

I love the bit about you crying out and scaring your girlfriend. Personally, when I discovered the build mod, I was so excited I almost fell off my chair xD: I think my GF thought I was mental.

I totally understand about losing the opportunity to board another ship, especially when trying to chatch a closely matched ship to your own.

I wouldn't know how to remady this, but in Pieter's absence, I'd suggest speaking to either Pirate KK, Screwface or Captain Maggee, all very knowledgable about coding. In fact, in my experience, if you have a crack yourself, most of the guys on here will try and help you out best they can :doff

I'm not at all sure how you could change this, really.
Possibly Pirate_KK or Screwface might, but I haven't seen them in a bit.
But then I'm not very present here either. :razz

Back