• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question -Editing Character_init

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Hello all, I decided to try experimentin'. I looked in inititems and found bladeFD- so I went to Character_init copypasted bladeFD in ch.blade.itemID and I started the game Also just to say- I have the hannah_p ship model in storylines in Standard- I don't know if thats been causing my problem- anyways I started the game so far so good, I clicked new game- clicked Nathaniel's storyline got to the screen where it says new game with ships in backround and CTD. What else is needed to be edited so I can use bladeFD? Any help would be much apreiciated.

Does the ship work properly? The correct ID in the latest modpack is "PiratHannah" .
As for the weapon, I usually use PROGRAM\console.c to give myself whatever items I need at the time. You can try that:
Code:
            GiveItem2Character(pchar,"bladeFD");
            EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "bladeFD");
If I remember correctly, you've used the console before, right?

Yes I've used console to give ships not items. Yeah I figured out the Ship Id for the Hannah was wrong- I changed it to Empress and it works fine. I guess I never figured to use the console again, since Hylie said it would soom be untrustworthy so I don't want to use it too much. I'll use the console, thanks. Also one question- say if I ever ( I've done it in the past) mess up on a file and new game refuses to open and all I get is CTD, I've heard F11 intializes the files if you can get in the game- thing is I've tried this before, it did nothing- anything else after pressing F11 I should know about?

F11 reinitializes the stuff loaded into the game, but doesn't restore any file backups at all.
Just keep a backup yourself of the files you edit. Easiest: Make a copy of your PROGRAM and RESOURCE\INI folders and you can always restore whatever you need.

Back