• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question about Askold quest and PIRATES stats...

Handel

Landlubber
So, I asked at the russian forum and it is the Askold quest which gives +1 increase at one oif the PIRATES stats... but my question is - which one? Can you choose which one or it is preset one?

Ignore the question - I found it in the game files; you can raise a stat at your choice.

BTW - Looking through the dialog lines I understood why the invulnerability doesn't work - to work you must several people or undead EVERY day. Which means once you go in the open sea your invulnerability is waived - simply because you missed at least 1 day killing several people (or undead).

no way 2 find askold or ascold quest i searched 2 game years in all stores ... i reloaded each store 100 times minimum even reloaded with some distance from towns were i asked store owners but i get milions of price lists and sometimes info 4 gold fleets or such but never the quest...

any hits ? i realy want 2 open that quest before i go to COAS ...

no way 2 find askold or ascold quest i searched 2 game years in all stores ... i reloaded each store 100 times minimum even reloaded with some distance from towns were i asked store owners but i get milions of price lists and sometimes info 4 gold fleets or such but never the quest...

any hits ? i realy want 2 open that quest before i go to COAS ...

It seems which merchant will give you the quest is predetermined when you start a new game. So the merchant may be in an enemy town. In my recent game I had the same problem - no spanish or dutch merchant gave me the quest... untill I started to go through the enemy towns (english and french) one after another... so the third enemy merchant I visited gave me the quest.
BTW - if you plan to go in several enemy islands in succession don't change the flag. Each sleep in taverns even not in the same tavern counts as reducing the chance of being recognized. No I go directly in the enemy ports (during the night). In the first island 3 soldiers stopped me; in the next 2 towns I run through the whole towns and only 1 soldier stopped me (with 100 stealth mainly from items - you can easily have 80 points of stealth from items only).

Edit: I tried and actually I enter the enemy ports without any problems in broad daylight. So definitely if you plan to visit more then one enemy town do not change the flag (but beware your own compatriots)

Back