• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Question about Arcade and Realistic modes

Ahoy there! I want to figure out of it is possible to just turn off specific options for the realistic game mode? For example, If I would like all of the realistic mode settings on, except the realistic sailing, how can I do it?

Try editing "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h", particularly the settings near the top of the file under "REALISM OPTIONS".

Extra note: almost all settings work the other way around.
If I understand your wish correctly, keep the game on Arcade Mode, then use InternalSettings.h to choose which parts of the game you want to be more realistic.

Thank you for your help. One more question: Just how much does the wind and other factors affect the ships speed and turn rates in arcade modr or does it have no effect at all?

Just how much does the wind and other factors affect the ships speed and turn rates in arcade modr or does it have no effect at all?
Higher wind speed still results in a higher ship speed. And going straight into the wind, the speed is lower than at the "best point".

Back