• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question about abilities(perks)?

Estharos

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Most of the time when I choose an ability (perks) like Quick Reload, they told me that my officer must be assign as cannoneer for the ability to work, those that mean, that even if I chose the ability, if my cannoneer those'nt have it it won't work?

Also is it usefull to chose the Experience Exchange?

Cheers, :cheers

Most of the time when I choose an ability (perks) like Quick Reload, they told me that my officer must be assign as cannoneer for the ability to work, those that mean, that even if I chose the ability, if my cannoneer those'nt have it it won't work?

Also is it usefull to chose the Experience Exchange?

Cheers, :cheers

This is bad translation.
The correct is:
You either must have the perk himself OR assign an officer with this perk ON THE CORRESPONDING job.
So if you need to use the cannoners's perk "quick reload" you must either have it or assgn a gunner officer who have this perk.

And Experience Exchange perk is EXTREMELY usefull. The officers are somewhat dumb so this perk helps them to level up quicker. The perk doesn't steal your experience, it is free bonus.

IMPORTANT: the repair perks which need activation don't work for the companion ships. There is a fix for this in the MODs forum (look for topic started by me).

Edit: Maybe the moderators should add this hotfix as a pinned topoc on this forum? This is hotfix for a bug, not a MOD.
Here it is: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14521-another-relatively-minor-bug-found-wich-needs-to-be-fixed/page__hl__handel__fromsearch__1

Back