• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Quest can't be completed...De Foe again?!

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
I think its De Foe again :eek:

I am in last part of the story.
Just before ending, I think...
After selecting 3 sailors and 2 officers, there is a round table meeting(about map) where at a point character(Pyle) says "...but what about Hornigold?" and move towards De foe. But De foe has no intention to say anything.... so game stooped there. Character cant move too. Tried to talk manually but no result.
So game was not finished and could not able to play farther :(

* About earlier De foe bug.
After leaving form tavern, De foe is still say nothing. There was a triggering, but all about the positioning. If character goes close to de foe then character could not move and de foe says nothing. Game stooped.
Well I am able to bypass that in my way though. But there is still problem.

Carpenter log bug solved.
Cave shore bug solved.

Attachments

• error.log
    728 bytes · Views: 252
  • compile.log
    5.9 MB · Views: 243
  • system.log
    110.6 KB · Views: 237
  • engine.ini
    35.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Thanks for that guys. It was'nt unexpected but tough anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this will fix the quest stop. What happened last time De Foe was making trouble was that he had no "current node" in his dialog file.

That is not the case when running a part of the adventure from a jump start. He's current node then is "First time", because it's a complete new game.
From that condition it works with these lines to trigger another current node:
Code:
LAi_SetActorType(CharacterFromID("Defoe"));
            LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Defoe"), pchar, "", 0.0, 0.0);
            LAi_ActorWaitDialog(Pchar, characterFromID("Defoe"));
            Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Defoe")].dialog.CurrentNode  = "Bellamys_story";

But if De Foe (for unknown reasons) has no current node at all it doesn't work. (He's told to start talking before given which phrase to use.)

So I've now changed those blocks to this style:

Code:
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Defoe")].dialog.CurrentNode  = "Bellamys_story";
            LAi_SetActorType(CharacterFromID("Defoe"));
            LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Defoe"), pchar, "", 0.0, 0.0);
            LAi_ActorWaitDialog(Pchar, characterFromID("Defoe"));

and tested it by setting Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Defoe")].dialog.CurrentNode = ""; via the console. Works.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    2.8 MB · Views: 231
Sorry to say but no luck... same problem. De Foe remain silent.

But this time no any error log.

I placed the file in C:\Games\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\PROGRAM\Storyline\WoodesRogers\quests
Let me know if I did wrong.

Note: There is a quest book entry about Hornigold. But before the dialog starts(meeting), that entry was already closed.
Means it says Hornigold quest is completed.
Maybe that can cause the problem?!

Also, is there any specific items to choose from when was said to be select 3 items?
EDIT: Proper save game attached in below comments.

Last edited:
There is a quest book entry about Hornigold. But before the dialog starts(meeting), that entry was already closed.
Means it says Hornigold quest is completed.
That's ok as you have found his map piece.

Also, is there any specific items to choose from when was said to be select 3 items?
No, you can choose any 3 you want. Some items are "free" though and in those cases you are allowed to continue picking
items until you reach 3.

I couldn't load your save game. Tried an earlier jump start and all went well.
Didn't read your first post completely so I have to solve the first De Foe dialog problem as well.

Guess I have to play the complete storyline to be sure what it is. That's what I'll do today. :shock

Did you rename the savegame? Extracting the file from "Howard Pyle.7z" gives me a file called "Howard Pyle", and if that's a savegame then the game won't recognise it. Savegames need the profile name surrounded by "-=" and "=-"; I believe the original file name was "-=Howard Pyle=- Jamaica". (Even that doesn't look quite right. All my savegames have a date in the file name as well.)

"compile.log" in the original post indicates that @FrozenHeart is using the most recent version of the game including the June update - are you also using version 14.942?

Then if the save game file is just "Howard Pyle", try renaming it to "-=Howard Pyle=- Jamaica" and see if the game will read that.

The save file works if you change "Howard Pyle" to "Player". Still I don't know why Defoe remains silent.

Back