• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

QAR

Do you want a Queen Anne's Revenge model?

• Total voters
If your poll is referring to a historically accurate La Concorde, then I would be all for it! It would be great to see a French Guineaman in the game!

If your poll is referring to the POTC 4 version, then I would have to say in my opinion it's not needed, it would end up basically just being another reskin of The Black Pearl. :shrug

I'll be going against the grain here and say no. I reckon the QAR was a pretty ugly designed ship; the skeleton stuff looks pretty horrid. And she's very obviously based on the Black Pearl and therefore isn't quite as unique as she could've been.

Would we still use the historical model in HTC when the time comes to code On Stranger Tides? Or will someone make a movie one? I am in favor of both, but if someone just wants to do one, I'm cool with that.

Since OST isn't going to be coded any time soon, I don't quite see the point of arguing on it.
Probably we would use the film version if available.

I'm not going to say no to a new ship, but the QAR is way down on the to do list, IMO.

This is going to start a heated debate, I can tell...

Anyway, I've said yes, mainly because I think the film ship would be nice as a Vanderdecken speciality, but I'd also like the real one.
Whether the film ship is (loosly) based on the real one or not, I think she's a decent looking cursed pirate galleon, and I'm sure we could find some use for her if not for the film quest.

I do think this poll needs expanding, though, with new options like:
- "Yes, but only the film ship"
- "Yes, but only the historical ship"
- "Yes to both ships"
- "I don't mind either way"
Clearly those saying Yes at the moment don't all want the film ship, so this would clear things up.
I would make the change myself, but I'm on holiday in France with Internet that can barely load any web page at all. There are so many red crosses on this page alone.

Actually, the POTC wiki says that the QAR is a frigate (even though the movie one looks like a galleon) also, what they got right was the fact that it was a 40 gunner. I think it would be cool to add an entirely new class of ships into the game that look like the films QAR, the Heavy Frigate.

I agree with Thagarr. A real Guineaman (even one modified to carry 40 guns) would be uber cool. The movie ship no.

At least the Black Pearl is a nice looking believeable ship that looks a lot like an armed English merchantmen of about 1695. The so called QAR in the movie is a goofey, fugly looking fantasy. I agree with Takeda that it looks like the Addams family mansion on the water. I enjoyed the movie, but the Greek fire, the magic rigging that grabs people and the auto sword activated cruise control, combined with a stern as tall as the masts were just too much for me. It reminds me of those old cartoon looking Hot Rod model kits. It looks like a hearse on the water. The original movie is still the best hands down.

My vote is no.

After new poll changed my vote to historical ship only.

MK

I changed my vote to both ships (as I opriginaly voted yes, but the poll was edited). I think we could reach a compromise though. We can make it look like the real world ship, but when it is time to code a quest for OST, the ship is still the historic model, but only the accurate ship has the cursed appearance from the film. That way, it would be a win-win. We wouldn't have to make too ships, all that could be done is reskin the historical one so it would be the same ship basic look, just a different appearance (like we do for the different nationalities with the different looks of the same ship class)

I have started on a Queen Anne's revenge model, see this topic for updates.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17433-the-queen-annes-revenge/page__gopid__393640

the_revenge_is_mine_by_bonjourmonami-d3i0lg2.jpg

Very nice mate! Like it says on the wiki, the ship should have 15 cannons on each broadside, four guns in the front and the back each (making a total of 38 guns in all). The other two canons could be used for Greek Fire, the stuff that Blackbeard shoots out of those large cannons at the front and back of his ship. I think the idea of the revenge being a forty gunner is much better than it having 70 guns (it said that the QAR was a 70 gunned Frigate in the OST visual guide and Barbossa's ship, the Providence, was an 80 gunned Barque. Where the hell do they get this stuff? LOL) Does anyone know of a Blackbeard storyline in the making though? I saw some screenies in another thread with Hornigold talking to Blackbeard about capturing the La Concorde de Nantes

Back