• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PTBR Translation

hi Akrimalk,
I have another bug in my translation, as shown in the screenshot below, the problem is not in the file “coffier_dialog.h” and I have no idea which file it is.
Any suggestion?

Attachments

• 1708568682742.png
    1708568682742.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Try "baldewyn coffier_dialog.h".
I put the incomplete name, I already checked this file.
I noticed that when there is an incorrect character name in the file, the screen appears as shown in the screenshot.
I'm not sure but it seems to me that the original file already has the problem.

If the game can not find the file in the correct language folder then it will use English instead. However, if you've put all your Portuguese files in the "ENGLISH" folder then you should be seeing Portuguese. I don't see any versions of "baldewyn coffier_dialog.h" in any "Storyline" folders, so it shouldn't matter which story you are playing, the game should always use "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\"baldewyn coffier_dialog.h".

Can you upload your version of "baldewyn coffier_dialog.h"?

I'm playing and fixing several errors in the translation.
When I encounter an error like the one in the capture, I try to replace the file responsible for the English version. If it works, I review my file for an error.
I also do the comparison by reverting the entire language to English, I check the words that appear and locate the responsible file using the word search in Notepad++ files, this is working.

Specifically in this case, after reverting the entire language to English, the problem not only persisted, but also occurred in Spanish and Russian.
Any idea?

I will take advantage of the new information and have my script substitute another language instead of English.

follow my savegame and PTBR file "D:\BNH\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\baldewyn coffier_dialog.h"

If you need a better understanding of how I switch between Portuguese/English, follow my script.

Attachments

• baldewyn coffier_dialog.h
    8.9 KB · Views: 9
  • change language.zip
    563 bytes · Views: 15
  • -=Player=- QuickSave 2.zip
    1 MB · Views: 13
I'm playing and fixing several errors in the translation.
When I encounter an error like the one in the capture, I try to replace the file responsible for the English version. If it works, I review my file for an error.
I also do the comparison by reverting the entire language to English, I check the words that appear and locate the responsible file using the word search in Notepad++ files, this is working.

Specifically in this case, after reverting the entire language to English, the problem not only persisted, but also occurred in Spanish and Russian.
Any idea?

I will take advantage of the new information and have my script substitute another language instead of English.

follow my savegame and PTBR file "D:\BNH\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\baldewyn coffier_dialog.h"

If you need a better understanding of how I switch between Portuguese/English, follow my script.
I think in this case @Hammie, who is usually on discord, will help you. He handles the migration of content to BNH.

If the game can not find the file in the correct language folder then it will use English instead. However, if you've put all your Portuguese files in the "ENGLISH" folder then you should be seeing Portuguese. I don't see any versions of "baldewyn coffier_dialog.h" in any "Storyline" folders, so it shouldn't matter which story you are playing, the game should always use "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\"baldewyn coffier_dialog.h".

Can you upload your version of "baldewyn coffier_dialog.h"?
file D:\BNH\resource\INI\TEXTS\SPANISH.bkp\Storyline\standard\QUESTBOOK\Story_1stTaskReceived.txt
do not has line text.t3 it's correct ??

file D:\BNH\resource\INI\TEXTS\SPANISH.bkp\Storyline\standard\QUESTBOOK\Story_1stTaskReceived.txt
do not has line text.t3 it's correct ??
There is no text.t3 in the original POTC either, but there is another line 14:
My trick of changing the flag succeeded, and I was taken for a Frenchman. And if anyone was suspicious of my accent, I had already prepared a touching story of my childhood in a foreign land that would pity anyone.

In order for the engine to accept the language you need to make sure it is added to `RESOURCE/INI/TEXTS/language.ini`.

For BNH:
Code:
[COMMON]
defaultLanguage = English

strings = common.ini
GlobalFile = globals.txt

[DIRECTORY]
English = english
Spanish = spanish
German = german
French = french
Russian = russian
Polish = polish
Swedish = swedish
Portuguese = portuguese

[FONTS]
English = fonts_euro.ini
Spanish = fonts_euro.ini
German = fonts_euro.ini
French = fonts_euro.ini
Russian = fonts_euro.ini
Polish = fonts_euro.ini
Swedish = fonts_euro.ini
Portuguese = fonts_euro.ini

Thanks, @Hammie! I believe I've found everything which needed to be changed in "PROGRAM" but didn't think to look in "RESOURCE\INI" - apart from the actual translation, of course. With that correction, the Portuguese translation now works in Build 14 as well. And that means it's going into the next update.

@Peter Norton: character names should not be translated, unless they're descriptive names such as "Soaring Hawk" (one of the Indians in the "Ardent" storyline) or generic names such as "Street Merchant". Actual names should be the same in any language - Nathaniel Hawk should be Nathaniel Hawk in English, Spanish or Portuguese, not Nathaniel Falcão.

Thanks, @Hammie! I believe I've found everything which needed to be changed in "PROGRAM" but didn't think to look in "RESOURCE\INI" - apart from the actual translation, of course. With that correction, the Portuguese translation now works in Build 14 as well. And that means it's going into the next update.

@Peter Norton: character names should not be translated, unless they're descriptive names such as "Soaring Hawk" (one of the Indians in the "Ardent" storyline) or generic names such as "Street Merchant". Actual names should be the same in any language - Nathaniel Hawk should be Nathaniel Hawk in English, Spanish or Portuguese, not Nathaniel Falcão.
Please be patient, I make small corrections to the translation every day and I noticed the chaos it causes when a name is translated. It's a shame there aren't any Brazilian players here to help.

Yes, a translation is definitely a long project! The Spanish and Russian translations have been going on for years and are not yet complete. And, of course, when any new dialog, description text or questbooks are added, they will then need to be translated too.

I can't speak, read or write any of these languages but I can help to try to get them to fit into the game.

Where did you meet that character? Is he a storyline character, a sidequest character, or someone you met randomly in a tavern or outside?

Where did you meet that character? Is he a storyline character, a sidequest character, or someone you met randomly in a tavern or outside?
Character name "simão de faria" resulting in a dialogue error (empty dialogue when the name cannot be found).

Just an ordinary crew member boarding an enemy ship.

@AkrimalS

The search with notepad++ returned these files, but I assume this is the original.
Does the script use these names by converting them to uppercase? If so, you didn't convert the letter "ã". This leads me to think that it was my error in the translation.

Character name "simão de faria" resulting in a dialogue error (empty dialogue when the name cannot be found).

Just an ordinary crew member boarding an enemy ship.
I don't think these characters have a dialog file assigned. They're expendable minions. You're not supposed to talk to them - they're lucky to even still be standing after the battle!

Back