• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem with CMV3

Mutko

Landlubber
Ok i've downloaded and installed it correctly and everything runs fine but!
I've just finished the peter blood plantation quest and got the Cinco Liagas ship but when i board any ship with it after the boarding my crew dissapears somewhere ! I have 450+ crew and i board class 6 ship and they can't kill any of my crew during the boarding but still after the boarding i have 248 crew on my ship! How's that happen ?
!

All ships crew is split into groups.
1. Minimum crew
2. cannoner crew
3. gunnery crew
4. boarding crew
5. maximum crew

Every ship has had its crew caluculated so that you have enough crew to fill each role and what ever crew is left over became part of the boarding party. 1 guy equals so many crew, so for each guy you see fighting when boarding is so many crew, the health of each of the guy's equals crewmen as the health of the guy's drops your total crewmen drop.

All ships crew is split into groups.
1. Minimum crew
2. cannoner crew
3. gunnery crew
4. boarding crew
5. maximum crew

Every ship has had its crew caluculated so that you have enough crew to fill each role and what ever crew is left over became part of the boarding party. 1 guy equals so many crew, so for each guy you see fighting when boarding is so many crew, the health of each of the guy's equals crewmen as the health of the guy's drops your total crewmen drop.
OH so my total ship crew die when the health of crew members during boarding falls down ?
With CMV2 if no boarding crew member dies nobody from the total ship crew dies no matter how much HP from the boarding crew the enemy takes.

Tho still i don't think that a ship with 80 man can stand agains mine 450 and kill 200 of mine!
I've played AOP pretty a lot and never seen such thing...

That might explain the reason then. The harder the skill level the hard boardings are, and when i means the guy's you see when boarding i don't mean officer's you have set as fighters i mean all your guy's. I don't think officers or yourself effect how many of your crew is lost by loosing health.

That might explain the reason then. The harder the skill level the hard boardings are, and when i means the guy's you see when boarding i don't mean officer's you have set as fighters i mean all your guy's. I don't think officers or yourself effect how many of your crew is lost by loosing health.

I don't have any officers as fighters! Just a gunner and navigator nobody else...
I've played exacly the same way with CMV2 and nothing like this happened!
I've also played on commodore diff level and this wasn't happening!
I doubt it's because of the difficulty i play on... Most probably it's a bug... Can't explain it otherwise! At the first boarding operation my crew drops from 448 to 250 and after the second one they drop down from 250 to 128... It somehow halves my crew after every boarding operation! And nobody from my boarding crew dies!

I can't explain what your problem is because i don't have it. I board with a full crew and if i do loose any its reflected by how many of the men died in the boarding battle. If i board a ship with less crew than mine i loose maybe 7 or 8 of my crew thats all. I suggest posting this in the CoAS Combined Modpack Bugs. :onya

mhhh...can you upload your autosave befor boarding? maybe we can find the reason for your huge losses

OK here is the link for the autosave just before boarding the ship!
http://www.2shared.com/file/WTaMKgnP/Blood_AutoSave.html
Tell me if you need another link!

Oh nevermind it !
I've installed the EXE version and my save got broken but i started a new game and so far without any bugs :)

hehe...you only have 50 weapons on board...its like stalingrad in 2. world war...your crew have no chance to fight these few guys...but let me explain...

...fighting is like this: :ixi but the most guys in your crew is fighting like that: :ty

;) ...just take more weapons with you..I would say minimum the amount of your crew...and I would take a bit more medicine...or is 177 enough for 448 guys

Back