• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem entering minimap b14.01

firemark

Landlubber
Hey all, i have problem with main quest where you have to get out of the city. when i escape from the french and want to go to minimap game just crash.i have tried 5 times, every time same problem.

i installed right, i have installed that game before alot of times and know how. 1.vanilla game+b13+b14+patch

What if you start another storyline and try going to worldmap there?
I see nothing particularly weird in the log files...

The reason why I ask is because there are several missing texture files :shrug

The install is either...
Build 13 FULL - Build 14 Alpha 10 FULL - Build 14 Alpha 10.1
OR
Build 13 Full - Build 14 Alpha 9 - Build 14 Alpha 9.5 - Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 - Build 14 Alpha 10 Light - Build 14 Alpha 10.1

Those missing texture files don't look so troublesome to me. You might have those errors as well.
Doesn't cause crashes, it doesn't. :no

I have a problem similar to this one. I'm playing Hoist The Colours and every single time I try to go to minimap the game crashes. I'm runnin the game on Win7 32bit. I installed PotC(stock game) and after that build 14 beta + patch. Should I have installed build 13 first? I saw nothing like that mentioned in the install guide...

If you installed Build 14 FULL before the patch then you dont have to worry :no

Did the stock game work? and where is your game installed?

The game with b14 works fine, but I can't get off the island... It's not installed in program files.

Have you tried starting the actual quest (walking to the gate) or are you trying to go straight to sea :facepalm

Once you "become" Jack Sparrow do you board your ship or walk up to the gate and actually initialise the main quest?

I think I managed to get off the first island. But the game still crashes often when I try to go off the ship and to minimap :)

I have a similar problem, except its more that the French sink the ship instantly. XD

Are you playing the Standard (Nathaniel Hawk ) Storyline ?

Do you mean the French Ships attacking Speightstown when you leave ?

If yes - make sure you are NOT flying a British Flag when you set sail - this will give you a chance to get away from the french. ;)

The crashes often when I try to board a ship or to moore. The error log is almost the same every time the game crashes

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 94
  • error.log
    432 bytes · Views: 112
  • system.log
    775 bytes · Views: 110
Back