• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Probably a stupid question

Haereticus

Midshipman
Creative Support
3D Artist
2D Artist
I've been playing PotC Build Mod 14, the newest Beta, and I can't work out how to use the shipyard. I go to the shipyard, ask the chap about it, and he says he'll have his mate bring my ship into his dock before he'll give me a quote for the work. But I can't seem to get that to happen - so I can't repair my ship. At the moment I'm stuck repairing the ship at 1.3% per day using planks but at only 61% hull integrity already that's going to take ages. Can anyone tell me what obvious thing I'm missing?

hmm, usually you just go to the shipyard (actually only the shipyard office) and tell the chap you are looking to repair your ship, or maybe considering buying a new one. the only different situation i can think of is that some ports have both a shipyard and a shipyard office, and if you go to the shipyard itself a scrubby looking fellow usually tells you to go to the office, but maybe in one port this is the message given instead. but you must be at the office to have work done in such ports.

I've tried it in two ports both on the starting island for New Horizons. I go in and say I want my ship to be repaired, and the guy says:

"Alright, my dock beside the fort is available for you. If you want I'll tell my dock master to tow your ship in there. Only then can I survey the damage and tell you how much time and money it'll take. What exactly are you interested in?"

I can say "my ship is in need of repair. Or maybe I'll just buy a new one if the price is right." Or "I'm fine, thanks"

The former gets me to the ship buying screen, but there's nothing I can afford, so I have to quit out. Whichever I pick, I never pay him money and my ship never gets repaired. I'm quite puzzled...

So close and yet so far.... :treasure: You are right there mate. Once you get to the ship buying screen what you do is double click on your ship icon in its box. That will bring up another menu that says "sell" "repair" "cancel". Click "repair" and hope you have enough money for the repairs you need done. :drunk
shipyard-1.jpgshipyard-2.jpgshipyard-3.jpg

As in stupid questions waters, why is my ship constantly on fire ? I put it down with "C" and then it catches fire again with the next salvo. Build 14 beta 3.2 . And the same seems to happen to the opponent judging on the fires that are everywhere on deck.

That is random. Sometimes your ship catches fire a lot, but usually it does not catch fire. It seems to me that your ship catches fire mostly at the beginning of the engagement.

I had a similar problem with fires in that C never seemed to work. I might have used it wrong, but I had to spam C to get fires under control, and that meant I eventually wanted to smash my speakers.

That is random. Sometimes your ship catches fire a lot, but usually it does not catch fire. It seems to me that your ship catches fire mostly at the beginning of the engagement.

It catches fire and is on it constantly :D Never mind though seems much less harmfull than in vanilla. It's just that I cannot decide is my red hull strength bar going slowly down because of this or the very damage from the cannonballs.

I had a similar problem with fires in that C never seemed to work. I might have used it wrong, but I had to spam C to get fires under control, and that meant I eventually wanted to smash my speakers.
C works but till the next salvo :p

In storms if one gets hit by multiple lightning strikes you might have to hit "C" 3-6 times before the fires stay out. fires really don't do that much damage. The flames and smoke do make it hard to see so I sometimes have to run all over the deck trying to see what is happening.

The flames and smoke do make it hard to see so I sometimes have to run all over the deck trying to see what is happening.
I on my part would like to see better the flames coming out of cannons when firing. At present the smoke appears alltogether with them and in fact covers them when you look from aside of the ship. If the smoke could be delayed a few seconds /although that in reality they come out alltogether ya/ it would look better.

Back