• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Potential Wenden 3rd Rate stand in found in GoF (Needs gm file rescale)

Noriruru

Freebooter
Well I was digging around in the GoF mod files and I found a decent looking 74-gun 3rd rate model which except for an odd extra stern structure bears a uncanny resemblance to the danish Wenden.

I tested the ship ingame and found only 1 major problem, she's HUGE! Nearly twice the size of Pgargon's Bellona or Seperbe. Needless to say she needs to be shrunk to fit the role.

I have uploaded the model on my FTP as the WendenMKII if anybody is interested in looking at her, as she was originally named Lineship471 which in already in the build mod.

Lineship47, eh? That's based on the stock PotC Black Pearl model.

Can you post any images of the real ship and the in-game ship, for comparison? I can't find anything on the Wenden. :facepalm

Sure!

I have a few screenies of a wenden that is in my inventory.

I'll upload them to my FTP as I don't know how to properly post pictures here.

You'll also find images of my PotBS Trinity there as well.

Ok they're uploaded now.
It turns out I also had the wenden's schematics in there as well.

I forgot I uploaded those as well.

You should be able to post pictures here without a problem, as long as you save them as JPG instead of BMP.

How does posting new images on here work anyway? I tried to post images here before and they showed up as downloads after that any time i tried ti told me I reached my upload limit.

Where did I goof up? :shrug

BMP images are large. Go into "My Settings": http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments
Remove the attachments that you've still got. Then try to attach your screenshots as JPG and things should work better again. :doff

Thanks mate much better.

Now for some wenden vs wendenMKII images[attachment=7772:Wenden Image 1.jpg][attachment=7773:WendenMKII Candadate.jpg]

That second picture in the GM viewer isn't the PotC Build Mod LIneship47. :no

No it is not, but in GoF the model WAS named that for some reason, so I re-named the model to avoid any possible model conflicts in PoTC. :hmm

The model will need some re-scaling before it will look right with other 3rd rates. at the moment despite having only 74 or so guns the model is nearly twice the sise of all the other 3rd rates and almost the size of the 100+ gun 1st rates. Kinda unrealistic at the moment I think.

Oh, I recognise that ship now! I asked Craiggo to give me the model a while ago, because I'd seen it in a GOF screenshot and was curious about it.
I think it may be the model that Pgargon modified to become Le Superbe. If you look closely, some of the details are very similar. :keith

I was going to say that resizing would be a huge pain, considering the fact that all the locators would need moving around to fit the smaller model.
However, if the ship were scaled to the same size as Le Superbe, the locators could be copied and modified from her, as they would be mostly in the right positions.

It would be a good project for a 3rd Rate model which is presumably early 18th century (do you know the year the Wenden was launched?).
On the other hand, it's not a high-priority project for now, considering we have more important models to port (e.g. Christianus!).

On the other hand, it's not a high-priority project for now, considering we have more important models to port (e.g. Christianus!).

Amen on that sir.

YUUUUP! The Christianus is absolutely higher on MY priority list too.

Let's get our REAL crown jowel out first.

I only brought this one up as a curiousity.

If someone like Pgargon or anyone else not working on the Christianus Sixtus hasn't already looked at this one or made their own wenden by the time SHE's launched then let's take a re-look.

As for the year the wenden was launched one of my blueprints has the year on it, here it is 1706.

As for the year the wenden was launched one of my blueprints has the year on it, here it is 1706.
So I was right with 'early 18th century'! I'm getting better at guessing these things. :cheeky

Back