• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Potc need some help.

Kimo1

Landlubber
Well hello i am new to this forum.
I keep getting an error of : Engine stopped working and i cant even play the game if i add Build 14 beta 1 but first i cant even play the normal potc because i get an Engine error every five minuts its so anoying well this is what i did :http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17108-making-potc-work-with-windows-7/ the topic told me to save it on /C: Did it but at 52% of the download this happens....

Screen 1 where i put the thing :

Screen 2 The stupid message:

Thanks a lot all vieuwers and helpers can someone please tell me something about the new horizon mod too i dont quite know how to instal them on my file's etc i have the build 14 beta and the build 14 beta patch full but this will be my first mod no ecperience at all.

:gday

I have never seen that screen before. This is when installing the original POTC? Is the disk scratched or cracked? It looks like a disc 2 problem.

If you can get the original POTC installed successfully, then your next steps will be to install Build 14 Beta1 Full ( do not install ENB or Swiftshader ). Then install Patch 6 Full and make sure you run "rename.bat" . Then set your screen resolution in "engine.ini. That should get you running. :onya

When it is installed correctly you will eventually be able to see something like this.

Well this is one of piratebay but it worked comepletely i will do as you say ty man,i cant put it in the /c: and in program files i get that damn eror of engine stopped working again

I have never seen that screen before. This is when installing the original POTC? Is the disk scratched or cracked? It looks like a disc 2 problem.

If you can get the original POTC installed successfully, then your next steps will be to install Build 14 Beta1 Full ( do not install ENB or Swiftshader ). Then install Patch 6 Full and make sure you run "rename.bat" . Then set your screen resolution in "engine.ini. That should get you running. :onya

When it is installed correctly you will eventually be able to see something like this.

So you mean i need to instal Build 14 Beta 1 full without adding ENB Or Swiftshader at the menue because if i dont do swiftshader i cant play it at all the engine stopped wotking message wil spawn imediatly

Does your computer use Intel graphics?

Swiftshader helps POTC work with Intel graphics, but if you have Nvidia or ATI then POTC will run worse.

ENB is an attempt to make POTC look a little better, but makes the computer work harder.

Did everything you told results too bad what now man? i wanted to start the config program it said engine.ini is missing and at the runeme.bat and rename. most things said denied and coppied and denied

First, your computer has not a genuine copy of Windows. That may be or not a problem. Another problem is that you pirated the game, and I am 99% sure that this is why you couldn't get the game to work. Why is everyone pirating pirate games :shrug ?

yeah chances are that your pirated game of PotC has put a load of malware and trojan's on your PC, i suspect pretty soon many other things will fail to work properly, so in terms of us being able to help you with your pirated version of PotC, i'm afraid we can't as it's not a real version so not possible to assist with. I'd unistall it, delete all references to it and run lots of anti-virus scans to ensure it hasn't left malware on the PC. And then i'd not download pirated software as a rule of thumb, as 90% of the time you will get malware/virus etc :yes

Back