• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTC Modding Team

The first Build I played was Build 11 (10 wouldn't work on Euro versions) and then I joined just before the release of Build 12, if I recall.

Well Build 11 is here: http://robotsdontbleed.com/scheffnow/ and it contains the people that worked in it some continued on Build 12+ some did not, however, when you make a thread about the "POTC Modding Team: All those people who worked and work on the Build mod" you cannot be selective based on Build Versions, the thread is not called Build 12 Modding Team...did I misunderstand maybe?

I understand everyone cannot know everyone else and as you said you only played since build 11 onwars, so you may not know how the Build 1.0 came to be (I do, I was there), or what were the names of the modders that took part in it.

Still, I think, when evidence is brought forth, then it becomes a duty to respect that new information and honor the people it includes as well, unless there is reasons compelling you not to or it is simply not in your personality to do the right thing (which I do not think is the case).

I think I should unsticky this thread; it is definitly NOT a fully representative list.
The correct list is the one shown in the ingame Credits movie RESOURCE\VIDEOS\common\ENGLISH\Credits.wmv,
though that one is somewhat outdated now as well. I did add every member I know who contributed to the "Modders" usergroup,
so a proper list can be found by lookin at the Member list and filtering on "Modders".

In the meantime, I have updated the opening post with the old list I once made for the Credits movie.

In any case, I definitly DO want to give credit where credit is due. :yes

Well, I don't know what else to do. I updated the first post with what I know and we'll update it again around
the time Build 14 is done, I imagine. We need to make sure the final Build 14 is released with an up-to-date credits list.
If you or anyone else has any comments on the list on the first page, please say so. :doff

Is there a post for prospective modders about what projects are active, who is working on them, and where help is needed?

There is a whole modders sub-forum... You need to show you are really keen to be a modder and then we may add you ;)

Well, I've made a start on ship modding, but I'd like some help. (this meaning I have the programs, viewed some of the samples in Maya, and have begun to appreciate just how much goes into making a ship) It seems really complicated, and I think I'd like to start off with a few changes to existing ships, but I need some guidance.

I've noticed that there are people who are already good at building ships. I think my initiation would be easier if I knew a few things:

How to import a ship into Maya for tweaking (I think there is a help file for this but it was difficult to understand.)

How to export a ship for use in PotC (same issue as above)

It would also be good to know the steps of building a ship, and in what order.

Looks like there are several stages:
--(Things I could see from looking at a complete model in Maya)
-----Design the hull
-----Design the masts and rigging
-----Design the textures
-----Program the animations/paths/actions for sails, guns, and sailors.
--(Things I imagine need to be programed, but can't imagine how)
-----How the ship acts in game (turn rate, speed, hp, cannons, etc.)
-----How to program the deck-view, cabin and below-decks
-----How to make the model at the appropriate scale so as not to have a sloop the size of a First Rate

I could probably work my way around creating the polygon shape of a ship, but it would be helpful if I had access to bits and pieces of detail work that could be re-used from other ships. Such as lanterns, ships' boats, anchors, helm, guns, etc.

Where would I find these things and how can I apply them to my ship?

And these are just the basic questions. Any help would be appreciated.

On another matter... Pieter do you think we should update the list a bit? It isnt really up to date anymore ;)

if i get things straight and runnig i maybe become a part of the new group promo team XD
but i already feel honnored to be in the list of this awesome community
i so happy too see even if this game is so old the mod still lives on its almost like it has no end i sure hope so XD

As do we all. If you're serious about doing something for the community, you'll be a "Modder" in no-time. :woot

Could do, but I don't think we need any seperate groups UNLESS those groups require additional forum rights.
But the publicity forums are free for all anyway. :shrug

Back